Twin Pregnancies

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
Those of you who are pregnant with twins. Have you noticed a twin pregnancy being any significantly different than a singleton pregnancy? Anything in early pregnancy that may have tipped you off that you were carrying twins? Or looking back anything that made more sense after you found out you were pregnant with twins?

I am asking because my cousin is 16 weeks pregnant, and she can't afford an ultrasound until she is 20 weeks. But she is measuring 2 weeks ahead right now. And people are asking her if maybe it's twins. She doesn't know. They listened to the heartbeat..surely they would have heard 2 heartbeats if she had twins, right? Or maybe not. I don't know much. :)

Is this her first pregnancy?
When I was pregnant with my twins, I couldn't get an ultrasound until I was 20 weeks either. They listened to the heartbeat at my appointments, but they never checked for a second one. I was measuring ahead at my 16 week appointment, and my doctor said that I was either further along, or there may be more than one baby. They couldn't fit me in for an ultrasound though until 4 weeks later. Sure enough, there were two healthy babies. Afterwords, it made sense that I was SO tired all of the time, and terribly sick in my first trimester. They didn't tell me what my betas were when I had my blood drawn, so I didn't really have much else to go off of.

This is her 2nd pregnancy. I know you are supposed to show more, but she is really showing. To me, she looks 20 weeks already. Thanks for your input..especially about the heartbeat part.

No problem! I know how anxious she probably feels to find out for sure! I am showing really early in my second pregnancy too, in fact I am only 10 weeks and look more like I did at 16 weeks with twins lol.

none of my symptoms indicated twin pregnancy - This is my first pregnancy but i wasn't sick, i had nausea that was easily cured by eating regularly, i was tired but that's normal, I really had nothing to indicate this was more than a singleton... until i had a scan at 9 weeks! I'm 15 weeks now and i'm rather large and measuring around a 19/20 week singleton pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->