Twinges

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Cattia, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Cattia

Cattia Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

I have been experiencing some twinges since yesterday on and off. I am 5 weeks today. The twinges are a bit like ovulation pain and are mostly on the right hand side, quite low down in the pubic area. They are sometimes sudden or sometimes last a little longer. They are not really painful, just uncomforable and not like AF pains, sharper than that. Do you think this is normal? I have had no bleeding or spotting so far touch wood.

Thanks,

Cat
    x

2. RobenR

RobenR Mum to miracle girl & boy

I know what you mean, I've been having the same thing and also a crampy feeling in the uterus itself. I am interested to see your answers since I'm starting to get worried. I hope everything is ok!

3. Parkep

Parkep Very happy mom

from my past experiance this is completly normal its your uterus(SP?) steching to fit baby :)

4. vineyard

vineyard Mom of twin girls!

Totally normal. I get them all the time too!

5. KJunkie

KJunkie Guest

I believe they are pretty normal as well. I experienced something similar around the same week.

6. clarabella

clarabella DH, DD & 2 cats!

Like other ppl have said, this is normal, and unless the pain is severe and you have bleeding, then nothing to worry about.

I had low down pains just over a week ago, on the right side, but mine was like a constant dull ache. Anyway, long story short, i got given an early scan, and saw beanie and hb, so know that all is ok.

If you are really concerned though, i would call your dr/mw, and they will hopefully put your mind to rest.

:hug:

7. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

Definitely all normal sweetheart, it's just your uterus stretching as others have said. I remember getting them around the same stage as you. Like Clarabella said the only time to worry is if the pain is severe (and even then it may still be nothing - trapped wind can be extremely painful in first tri) and accompanied by any bleeding, at which point you should definitely get yourself checked out just to be on the safe side. But if you're concerned seek reassurance from your mw - that's what they're there for :hug:

8. Fluxuspoem

Fluxuspoem Mama

I had them too for the past week or so and really started worrying. They started from 5.5 week so I am very happy to read that others have had this too.

big hugs

9. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I had twinges at this stage too.
    I was decorating at the time, so was a little nervous it was from over doing it... but really I think it's everything shifting to make rooooooooom ;D

10. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

100% normal hun, I'm having them constantly :(

11. ahava

ahava me & hubby

oh i get them especially at night, it feels like a mixture of trapped wind, but i also get a burning pain like ov pain.... think its normal..aslong as there is no bleeding. It can be painful ..

12. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

I keep getting them from time to time but I didn't think it was anything to worry about!