twins? OMG **update page 6

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
Last week at 4 weeks 4 days HCG was 2158 now today 5 weeks 3 days it's 32.000 had scan which shows 10 mm Ges sac and 4.0mm yolk sac. The doctor mentioned twins which such a huge hcg. Thoughts?

LMP 39 days ago

Attachments

• 45-1.jpg
    45-1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 94
Don't think there's anyway to tell until you have a scan!

Good luck at your scan, that'll tell the truth. :)

I had such high HCG with my last pregnancy that the doctor was concerned about a molar pregnancy, but I only had 1 in there. No way to tell until you've had an ultrasound! GL!

As others have said, I don't think hcg can tell you if it's one or two. At 4w6d mine was 18,762 and my OB said it was high but there was only one baby. Good luck!!

Don't think there's a way to be sure unless the scan showed two babies. That said, your hcg numbers are really high. Mine were high but there was only one baby...yours are double what mine were at 5 weeks, so I do think maybe you'll have twins! How exciting!

Definitely stalking this because my levels have been very high too!

Do you know how many dpo they were done at? I've been reading lots about this too bc mine seem high

At 4w2d (17dpo) my hcg was 1078, and at 5w0d (22dpo) it was 7003.

Definitely only one in my uterus when scanned a couple of days ago, but that doesn't mean that twins isn't a possibility for you. However, you might just have the one very healthy one, since it's just the upper range for singletons!

I'm not on the upper of sing tons lol I'm on the High side of multiples :)

Scan in 6 days

I'm afraid I don't know very much about the different levels of HCG. Although it sounds to me that you're chances of multiples are high. I just thought I'd drop in for support because I know how you're feeling. I didn't find out I was having twins until I was 16 weeks! I had a 12 week appt and my doctor said I was measuring too big and that I could be having more than one. WHAT?!?! Was my initial thought, and he said he would schedule an ultrasound.. The soonest they could get me in was at 16 weeks! I had to wait that whole time with the thought that there COULD be more than one.. It was the longest month of my life! By the time my ultrasound confirmed twins, I had already come to terms with the idea. I have to say, they really are a blessing! However I'm hoping for only one this time lol
Good luck to you! I hope you get answers soon!

Early Pregnancy Unit director called. She ruled out a molar pregnancy as I'm not sick at all. She told me to not be alarmed but she thinks with such huge hcg numbers and nothing on a scan I could me looking a multiple pregnancy. Have more bloods on Monday and another scan Wednesday

At 3 weeks 4 days hcg was 58
4 weeks 4days 2158
And yesterday 5 weeks 3days 32,000

How exciting. Hurry up Wednesday haha

Can't wait to hear if there's more than one bean! Do you have a gut feeling that you're having twins? Do they run in your family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->