twins? OMG **update page 6

My scan is Wednesday also! Can't wait to see your update!

Well I had an emergency scan last night after a bleed. Scariest thing ever, they said it's a small subchorionic hemorrage and can be normal and harmless. Oh and during the 30 minute long ultrasound the tech never said 1 word, just changed "number of fetuses" from 1 to 2. Then started measuring baby a and baby b! So yes it's twins!! But it was too early to see heartbeats so I'll be a nervous wreck until Wednesday when I have my next scan. 2 gestational sacs, and yolk sacs though.

Well I had an emergency scan last night after a bleed. Scariest thing ever, they said it's a small subchorionic hemorrage and can be normal and harmless. Oh and during the 30 minute long ultrasound the tech never said 1 word, just changed "number of fetuses" from 1 to 2. Then started measuring baby a and baby b! So yes it's twins!! But it was too early to see heartbeats so I'll be a nervous wreck until Wednesday when I have my next scan. 2 gestational sacs, and yolk sacs though.

Wow congratulations huni xx

Early Pregnancy Unit director called. She ruled out a molar pregnancy as I'm not sick at all. She told me to not be alarmed but she thinks with such huge hcg numbers and nothing on a scan I could me looking a multiple pregnancy. Have more bloods on Monday and another scan Wednesday

At 3 weeks 4 days hcg was 58
4 weeks 4days 2158
And yesterday 5 weeks 3days 32,000

That sounds about right for a normal pregnancy. HCG doubles every 2-3 days so that figure sounds about right if you double from the 2nd lot of bloods taken. But you never know I may be proven wrong.

Congratulations.x

Sorry you had a scare. FX that everything continues smoothly for you.

And congrats on twins!!!!! xx

Early Pregnancy Unit director called. She ruled out a molar pregnancy as I'm not sick at all. She told me to not be alarmed but she thinks with such huge hcg numbers and nothing on a scan I could me looking a multiple pregnancy. Have more bloods on Monday and another scan Wednesday

At 3 weeks 4 days hcg was 58
4 weeks 4days 2158
And yesterday 5 weeks 3days 32,000

That sounds about right for a normal pregnancy. HCG doubles every 2-3 days so that figure sounds about right if you double from the 2nd lot of bloods taken. But you never know I may be proven wrong.

Congratulations.x

My obgyn and early pregnancy unit told me not to be alarmed ad it could be twins. After hcg reaches 6000 it should double every 96hrs. My numbers for my gestation are extremely high...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-16-15-27-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-15-27-58.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 45-1.jpg
    45-1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi, just wanted you to hear my experience. I had a beta done at 15dpo and it was 303(not as high as yours) then 17dpo it was 869,doubling time was 31 hours. Doc said it might be twins because he thought my numbers were high! At 6 weeks,I went for a private scan(paranoid) and there was only 1 sac visible! It was in my uterus, so I was happy! At 7+2 weeks, my doc saw 2 sacs! We're very happy with twins and things are going good(I'm 13 weeks today). Point is, beta results are just that, results and I don't think it can give you a definite answer as to twins or singletons. They are taken to make sure that your numbers double in an appropriate time frame. Even a scan in the early days can miss it, I'm proof thereof! I hope your scan reveals what you want it to though and good luck!

I agree, my friend is 5 days ahead of me and had betas slightly higher than mine on the same days, and shes having 1! You really can't tell from numbers alone! But I think they can sometimes be an indicator, still can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

Lanet - my situation is little similar to yours.. I had an emergency scan due to bleeding and found out then that I was having twins. It's nice to hear good news when panicking and thinking the worst! Good luck with everything. How many weeks are you now?

Is everyone expecting twins in this thread.. Sorry I'm new on this thread. X

I'm only 5 weeks 5 days today, and this happened yesterday. So since it was too early for heartbeats I'm still really worried! How far are you now? My fertility dr (3 hours away so just got the ultrasound report) says she thinks all sounds good so I'm trying to hold into that. I just can't wait to see heartbeats next week!!!!

Oh right I see, sorry I think I didn't read properly, don't worry too much, hopefully it is 2 lovely babies in there :) you had 2 embryos put in right? Wishing you the best. I know the wait can be a killer. I have heard those that have twins can bleed during their pregnancy and it's alright so long it's not too much for long period.
I bled at 8 weeks for like an hour and so had to go A&E. I'm nearly 11 weeks and iv had few scans already. Good luck Hun. X

Yes I had 2 put in, and yesterday they saw 2 gestational and yolk sacs and 2 fetal poles. My bleeding was a one time thing and stopped immediately. Hoping it never comes back!

Oh hopefully it's alright then, my bleeding was just that day really, little spotting after but minor. I know few people who get little bleeding during pregnancy, what day is your scan?

Wednesday, it's going to be a long weekend!

Following. Only way to know for sure is having an ultrasound. Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->