Two questions using FRER

akc5247

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my first post here:

I'm still coming to terms with many terminologies on this forum, so apologies in advance if I am not using the correct ones here.

Took this test this morning on FRER (the only terminology I know :) )
1. I immediately see these two lines (dark?) Please see image attached. Am I pregnant?
2. Any possibility of this being twins?

Thank you!
AKC5247

Attachments

• 20161216_081410 (Medium).jpg
    20161216_081410 (Medium).jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 146
Definitely pregnant! Those are some strong lines! Do you know what days past ovulation you are?

Thank you everyone. :)

My last cycle was ~ Nov 5th and I believe I'm ~30 days past ovulation.

We spoke with the doctor's office and was told that the doctor would see/ confirm only at ~8 weeks (which is ~2 weeks from now)

On a separate but curious note - is there a way (based on anyone's experiences here) to know whether this would be single / multiple (twins)?

I don't think the darkness of lines indicates multiples. Your line is an average darkness for the door you are. It's just normal looking. Only your scan will tell for sure. Congrats!!

Definitely a positive! Congrats!

The darkness of lines can't tell you whether or not its twins, though. Only an ultrasound will give you a definite answer. I swore I was having twins when I was pregnant with my youngest - I had really dark lines on my pregnancy tests, my symptoms were really strong, etc. But an ultrasound at 8 weeks showed only one baby.

Sadly not with the dark lines. My test was very dark, darker than the control actually but just one baby! I didn't test until my missed period though, so I guess my hormones were well up by then!

Many congratulations on your pregnancy!

Definitely positive, but pregnancy test can't tell either way if it's twins. I've known people with super dark tests have a single pregnancy and people won't much fainter tests have twins so no way to know really X

A scan is the only way to check for twins really but good luck :)

Thanks everyone, just confirmed today during the doctor's visit that I'm indeed ~7 weeks pregnant :)

Also, sonogram looked to show only a single baby.

Definitely positive! Congratulations :)
A pregnancy test can't tell you if it's twins, if you got a strong positive quite early on I guess it's an indication hormone levels are higher than average maybe but it isn't a reliable indication of twins even then. With my daughter I got a super strong positive the first time I tested which would have been around the time a period was due I'm guessing (hadn't long given birth and hadn't had a proper cycle as was breastfeeding at the time so couldn't be sure, but the first scan showed me I was about right), and I got a 3+ on a digi right away whereas with my son it took a while longer to get that result for the same gestation so it can vary hugely between pregnancies too

Confirmed via multiple ultrasounds that it is only a single (not twins).

Sever nausea / vomiting in the first trimester. The baby better be beautiful! :flower:

Congratulations!
Sorry about the vomiting :hugs:

Congratulations!

Thought this might be helpful for you.

DPO - days past ovulation
BFP - big fat positive (pregnancy test)
BFN - big fat negative (pregnancy test)
HPT - home pregnancy test
FRER - you know that one!
CB - Clearblue (brand of hpt)
DTD - do the dance (sex)
BD - baby dance (sex)
AF - aunt Flo (period)
OV - ovulation
DH - dear husband
OH - other half (partner)
DS - dear son
DD - dear daughter
LO - little one (child)
TIA - thanks in advance (for ages I thought geez there are a lot of Tia's around this forum. Popular name haha)
That should get you by for a while :winkwink:

Thank you for the wishes!

Found yesterday that it will be a boy! (happy either way, but was hoping a little bit it would be a girl) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->