Two Under Two 2014!

how do u do bath tomes does dh help you??
im just trying to figure out how to do it alone coz i will be most of the time

I give lucas a bath most nnights about 6pm, I try and time it so evie is sleeping. Oh does help but iv had to do it myself 4 or t times, one of the times she woke whilst I was bathing him and it was quite chaotic so next time I'm alone id take bouncy chair in the bathroom with us. I'm excited for the age when they can bathe together.
I normally will bathe the little one when he's napping or in bed.

It's very much trial and error. I initially tried bathing the girls together, but my toddler was annoyingly 'helpful'. We still haven't quite figured this one out properly, but most nights now I put bubby into the baby bath in the big bath. Both girls bath at the same time but bubby gets a little space from her big sister as she's got the baby bath as bit of a barrier. I make sure I have their towels laid out on floor and pajamas ready. Toddler goes in first, then bubby. Then bubby out first followed by toddler. It's quite chaotic, but the girls have so much fun that it's so worth it. On bad days I'll bath them separately, at any time of day. This last week since have morning sickness I've actually only bathed them every second day.
Also sometimes I'll just bring them into the shower with me, either together or separately.

ssjad i do have a lot of help, dh is here 24/7 because im also disabled so wheelchair bound most of the time which tends to make our life a little more difficult but we love the chaos!
i wouldnt really say we have a routine, we literally just go with the kids, about the only thing thats routine for us is nap time between 12 and 2 and bath and bed but that doesnt tend to have a set time lol!

smallpeanut i hear that! it now takes us about 20 minutes to load up the car and get all the kids/car seats strapped in and ready to go, just leaving the house is a military operation :haha:

Hi ladies! Can I join? I'm about to have 2 under 2 and I'm really unprepared! Lol. OH works long hours so I'd appreciate all the support I can get :)

MIWI DO I KNOW YOU FROM ANOTHER GROUP PLUS SIZE AND PREGNANT??

oops sorry for caps lol

im feeling very and am very unprepared just like you?? do u know what you having??

Is like to join too. My hubby works night shifts and his work isn't willing to change him to days so that he can help me. My little girl is just starting to walk and I am so unprepared it's not funny.

I have 11 weeks left & my youngest daughter will be 21 months the day before my due date. Obviously she is too young to understand what is happening and who this baby will be when I bring him home. She is a complete Mammy's girl and she will find it hard me having another baby as I plan on breastfeeding so will need to be holding him a lot.

I've seen how she handles her sisters baby dolls which is kind of scary lol. Obviously she won't be left alone with him but I'm planning on buying her a baby doll & pushchair ready for when I come home with the baby to help her deal with the change.

I have 11 weeks left & my youngest daughter will be 21 months the day before my due date. Obviously she is too young to understand what is happening and who this baby will be when I bring him home. She is a complete Mammy's girl and she will find it hard me having another baby as I plan on breastfeeding so will need to be holding him a lot.

I've seen how she handles her sisters baby dolls which is kind of scary lol. Obviously she won't be left alone with him but I'm planning on buying her a baby doll & pushchair ready for when I come home with the baby to help her deal with the change.

This is me exactly (except my LO will be 23 months whan baby arrives)
She is a COMPLETE Mammy's girl and it's kind of breaking my heart a little bit to think of her feeling in any way left out or upset :cry: Obviously we are doing everything and anything to not let her feel like that but I'm so, so worried. I hope it all falls into place when he/she arrives.

My son was only 11 months so I didn't think he'd even notice little sis, but when she came home he cried and cried he was so sad. 2 weeks later he forgot what life was like without he. He looks for her every morning and although they can't play together he *trys* to play. If she crys he starts shouting for me to come and I think there bond will only get stronger. Maybe initially they will be jealous but I don't think it will take long for them to forget what life was like.
My son is a total menace too though, he chucks toys off her. Pretends he's going to kiss her and give her a headbutt and yesterday I found her favourite toy in the bin!!!

Hi ladies! I just found out I am expecting #2---total surprise since it took the helping hand of a RE to get #1! DS1 will be 20 months when #2 arrives and it just saddens me that I will no longer be able to give him my undivided attention. I've been a member of BnB for 2 years now and it has been helpful finding women in similar situations. I hope you all don't mind me popping in here...It makes me feel normal and eases my anxieties to read your success stories!

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hi. My girls are now 20 months and 6 months and life is a little less chaotic.
One thing that has got us through is setting up a portacot in the living room. Then I can stick bubby in there and be protected from big sister, or big sister in there when she's being tantrumy or just too boisterous.
Welcome to new ladies!!

I also hope you girls don't mind if I join your group? We are expecting our second boy this Christmas and ds will be 16 months at that time. I've also been on BnB through my first pregnancy and just love the support from finding women in similar situations. Hoping those with 2 under 2 can give a newbie like me some good guidance and advice :flower:

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hi. My girls are now 20 months and 6 months and life is a little less chaotic.
One thing that has got us through is setting up a portacot in the living room. Then I can stick bubby in there and be protected from big sister, or big sister in there when she's being tantrumy or just too boisterous.
Welcome to new ladies!!

is that an old ticker or are you preggo again??? eeeepppp

Hi all, i am expecting #2 in May 2015, DD will be 17 months old at that time. Eek! What am I getting myself into?! :wacko:

I saw a lady in the store today with 2 LO's...out of curiosity I strolled over to her and asked the age difference between her babies. She said, "15 months." I asked her if it has been challenging her exact words, " Oh God, don't do it!" I nearly started to cry, but gently said, "too late." Holy mackerel what am I in for?? :dohh:

I saw a lady in the store today with 2 LO's...out of curiosity I strolled over to her and asked the age difference between her babies. She said, "15 months." I asked her if it has been challenging her exact words, " Oh God, don't do it!" I nearly started to cry, but gently said, "too late." Holy mackerel what am I in for?? :dohh:

If it makes you feel any better id recommend it!!
Some days it's hell but others it's so enjoyable, there are hard parts but there's a lot of love and fun

Hi ladies I found out last week that I'm expecting number 3, ds1 is currently 3 yrs old but ds2 is only 7 months. This was totally not planned and now I'm dreading the thought of looking after a 16 month old an a newborn so much so that I haven't even had one happy thought about this pregnancy yet :cry: I'm glad I'm not the only one in this situation though and am very grateful to have read all the positive stories!

no! my babies are 15 months difference and its been fine! the oldest loves the baby so much. he was too little to really feel jealous so its been a great transition. the first couple months are tough with trying to schedule but once you get a groove, its great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->