Tww day 1 on 8th of Jan, come chat to mee x (ttc surro baby, hope I'm welcome)

Mummafrog

New FTM to baby girl
Reaction score
Helloo m'dears :)

So I'm a bit unusual :haha: as it says in my signature and the title I am now ttc for an intended parents (IP's) couple to be their traditional surrogate (TS). This involves doing inseminations at home with the intended father's sperm in a syringe and I just want to make that clear off the bat hehe.

But I am still going to be doing the opks and the dreaded twws like you all and I could really do with support and people to have a laugh with so I hope it's okay that I'm here, bit nervous :blush:

I got my cb smiley yesterday afternoon so IP's drove over last night after work and we did an insem. Today I have crazy strong ov pain, does anyone else get that?? It's so flipping painful, I never had it before I had my daughter! Seems like good timing though, we'll do another insem tonight and I'll officially count tww day 1 tomorrow :happydance:

Disclaimer: I am a symptom spotter and poas addict :dohh:

Hi mummafrog,
Welcome to the two week wait! Have you ever done surrogacy before? I have to say that is pretty interesting. I am pretty sure the ladies here are very accepting and you shouldn't worry that your carrying a child for someone else. You are still hoping for BFP just like the rest of us:). I hope you and your IP get your BFP soon.

Oh, and I also get ovulation pain but it doesn't hurt the way your describing. I have heard others describe it that way though. I think its normal.

Hi! First of all I want to say how amazing that is of you to do such a brilliant thing! You have to be a very strong person to do that and I wish I was strong enough because it's an amazing gift to give to someone! I hope it works out for you all and you get your bfp this cycle!
I had a positive opk yesterday and I think I've ovulated today also and I've been having o pains for a few days but today they seemed worse so if my temp rises tomorrow I'll also be 1dpo and can join you on your wonderful journey :) :dust:

Aww thanks ladies, I adore my ip's, it's very exciting. It will be the first pregnancy and proper journey of surrogacy I've done but I have been looking into it and looking for my perfect couple for over a year now! So it's great to be here at last.

Oh dinky that's awesome if we're on the same day! Fingers crossed. Definitely released my egg this morning, it made me very aware of it, ouch :p

When did you dtd? Ip's are here any minute for today's insems and then yeah tomorrow is day 1 and the waiting begins.. it'll be great to share it <3 I just do opks because my symptoms are so clear as well so I don't feel the need for temping but if it goes on too long I will haha xx

Hello Mummafrog!

Such a lovely gift and I hope you get the BFP! How exciting for the IP too!

I'm on day 1 of the tww today after Ovulating (I think) yesterday. I get crazy ovulation pain since having my son a year ago and never used to get anything! But not totally sure if the pain comes before, after or during. I'm not really every educated on it all lol.

I thought I felt a burst from my left ovary earlier! Felt like a sharp quick pinch and then a pop. Never felt it before I'm sure that was the moment it popped out lol. My o pains have disappeared too so I'll be gutted if I don't get my temp rise tomorrow. We have bd'd for the past 4 days and will probably do again tonight so should be covered. Good luck with your insemination!!

Yaay shakeit, another tww buddy! I always count day 1 from the day after the crazy pains because I imagine that's when the egg is released.. but I don't think it has exactly been researched haha :p is this your first you're ttc for hun? What cycle are you on? X

Dinky I'm sure you'll get your temp tomorrow :) haha lots of sexy times good good! So you're ttc #3? What number cycle is this one for you? X

Yes I'm ttc#3. I actually didn't want any more, but accidently fell pregnant in July but lost it at 8 weeks at the end of august. So we have been ttc since then, this will be my 4th cycle since my d&c. Is this your first cycle?

Awh I'm so sorry go hear of your loss hunny :(
How exciting that you are ttc again! 4th cycle lucky, I will be crossing everything for you!

Do you usually get symptoms in the tww when you turn out to be pregnant? Anything you're looking for and you'll know? Hehe.

Yeah so my little girl is nearly 19m now and we weaned a month ago and even though my cycles were regular, the less we breastfed the more regular and reliable they got so now we've weaned I'm ready for this ttc malarkey. So first cycle now! But I've been tracking for a while because when you're planning it's a good idea. On the vitamins too :)

My boobs seem to be mega sore when pregnant, they are normally sore after o anyway but when I'm pregnant they get really really sore! I also get af like cramps before a bfp but sometimes I get them when I'm not pregnant. I don't normally get sick till around 7-8 weeks so other than sore boobs there's not much else. My last bfp I had weird pains in my forearms for a couple of days before I tested positive so that might be a sign? How about you?
Ff thinks I ovulated on cd13, the day I got the positive opk :/ I thought I felt it yesterday but I could be wrong! If my temp stays up tomorrow I'll get crosshairs for 13dpo

Yaay shakeit, another tww buddy! I always count day 1 from the day after the crazy pains because I imagine that's when the egg is released.. but I don't think it has exactly been researched haha :p is this your first you're ttc for hun? What cycle are you on? X

Dinky I'm sure you'll get your temp tomorrow :) haha lots of sexy times good good! So you're ttc #3? What number cycle is this one for you? X

This is my first cycle of TTC #2 and my first time TTC lol. #1 just kind of happened, and was the best possible suprise! He will be 1 in February!

Well today is 2dpo and I could swear I have more saliva than normal, but more than likely I'm imagining it! Haha!

Ahh okay Dinky, so we're keeping our fingers crossed for your boobs to be in agony? Got it! :haha: Ahh well I think the day you ov'd is when you feel the pain but I could be wrong. It's just usually you get the positive roughly 12-24 hours BEFORE ov which is the point of opks, because it's best to dtd before egg is released so there is sperm waiting there. Either way it's not going to make a huge difference to when you test hunny. Are you a poas addict?? :blush:

Shakeit - Aww it is the best surprise ever, my little girl was mostly surprising hehe :D we were sort of ntnp.
HAH I doubt the saliva thing is related but we can dream right? :haha:
Actively TTC is a strange and often exhausting rollercoaster, but we'll get there.

My symptoms when pregnant with my girl were sore on the side of my breasts, extremely strong breathtaking cramps and random waves of nausea, both of which started 4 days before my period was due (ish!). The other thing I got which was really weird is like little lumps under the skin of my armpits :wacko: I can only assume it was swollen lymph nodes from the hormones, but very bizarre, will be curious to see if that repeats itself :dohh:

Hey ladies,
We are working on #1 so I have no way to know if I am pregnant or not as far as symptoms go. We have been trying since May....which I am a little bummed about but at the same time still doing pretty ok if that makes sense at all. I try and make new health changes every month so every month feels like a fresh start. Since starting this journey I have gotten really in tune with my normal LP symptoms which include waking up super hot, little upset stomach and slight emotional swings. I remember once I got really sad about the laundry-ha. So with those as my normal symptoms, I think I just can't symptom spot. How early did you guys test for your little ones when you conceived them? My plan is to test if I'm late.

dinky-glad your cross-hairs are on their way.

mummafrog, I hope you don't mind if I ask questions about your journey - are your IPs interested in symptoms or poas at all? I imagine it to be like having two of my husband. First time he noticed how hot I get at night after my O, he was convinced I was pregnant :) I did use a test once and he totally wanted to be in the room. I told him he had to wait on the other side of the shower. Of course your IPs probably won't be asking that of you but I am guessing they want to be involved.

Welcome winter :) I can understand that must be starting to feel quite disheartening but if you're under 35 then (I'm sure you know) they suggest you try for a year before going to the doctor because it is most likely totally normal and just on the unlucky side. I'll keep everything crossed for you that THIS will be your lucky cycle! And I'm glad you're being level headed about it, I know how painful it can feel when you want it so much.

Haha yeah I kind of think of them as two husbands too in that respect! Of course they are the parents all the way though. They are very excited and are completely involved, I send them pictures of all the interesting tests and stuff hehe. If I'm getting faint positives on a pregnancy test when I test early then I'll go visit them around day 14 of the tww and we'll do a couple of tests together so they can watch them develop and stuff :D

Oh sorry and I didn't test early with my girl because I was SO convinced I wasn't pregnant haha that backfired! So I tested when I was about five days late with her.
These days I try and wait till day 9 of tww to do the first test.. I know lots of friends who got a pos on day 9 but I don't believe a negative result till about day 12. X

Thanks Mummafrog, I am exactly 30 but I have to stop TTC soon for a bit because if I continued it would begin to fall on or close to my graduation exams for grad school. So I won't reach that year mark this time around. Not sure if I have to start over if we begin to try again. We'll see I suppose.
Sounds like you have a great plan to involve your IPs in the process. I hope you all get your BFP as easily as you did with your daughter. So if you didn't know you where pregnant your daughter, this is your first tww I suppose, that's exciting :)

Yes I'm looking out from the concrete painful blocks to appear on my chest lol!! And your looking out for lumpy armpits!! Isn't it funny how our bodies change once pregnant!! Yeah it doesn't make a big difference, but if ff says my period is one date late, that one day will be the longest day ever!

Hehe Winter, if only it was my first tww! Nah I've had plenty of tww's since with my husband where we weren't planning on trying but have ended up there. I also did ttc for two months for another IP couple but it didn't work out due to the distance between us, the travelling for insems was too much for them and they had to end it :( never mind though, it didn't feel anywhere near as wonderful as it does with these IP's and got me used to the process and the insems so.. everything for a reason I suppose :)

Hehe Winter, if only it was my first tww! Nah I've had plenty of tww's since with my husband where we weren't planning on trying but have ended up there. I also did ttc for two months for another IP couple but it didn't work out due to the distance between us, the travelling for insems was too much for them and they had to end it :( never mind though, it didn't feel anywhere near as wonderful as it does with these IP's and got me used to the process and the insems so.. everything for a reason I suppose :)

Oh dear Mummafrog, I am sorry, I think I mixed up your story with another. :blush: I tend to be obsessed with these boards during the tww. Especially because I am often on the computer for school and its so easy to keep open in the background. I am glad you found your IPs you have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->