Tying tubes during c section

stellababy

Reaction score
Is anyone doing this? This is my final child, so either me or hubby is getting snipped.
I am nervous about doing this not because there will be no more kids, but because I am afraid of any side effects. I heard there are virtually no side effects for men.

Anyone with advice?

We haven't decided if we're done yet but either way hubs would be getting the snip. Male sterilisation is way more effective than female (1 in 2000 compared to 1 in 200) plus there's an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy in female sterilisation if it does fail.

My OB has offered but I am not getting my tubes tied. I have enough issues with my cycle already so I can't risk messing it up even more. Plus the risk of ectopic and as salamander said, the failure rate is higher. DH is more than willing to get a vasectomy. I've already been cut open enough. :haha:

I'm considering a Salpingectomy (removal of the Fallopian tubes) as I know I will require another c-section, and the doctor will be in there anyway. I haven't decided 100%, but I'm considering this over getting my tubes tied due to the potential for lowering the risks of ovarian cancer. Supposedly there are no hormonal impacts, but I'm still looking into that as I'm fairly sure I've read that some women do believe it's made an impact for them. I still have time to decide before this one is born, if I decide to do anything at all. If I do nothing, then DH will be sent for a vasectomy instead.

I'm getting mine tied. I'm at least getting something done. I'm already high risk so another baby is not an option. My hubby is completely on board with getting snipped. We might do both. We'll see.

I was going to buy changed my mind as I don't want to be in theatre longer than I have to be, the risks and effectiveness, and while I don't want another child it is very final. I'm only 31 so I guess potentially in ten years time I could change my mind or my marriage could fail. Anything could happen. Having spoken to my mum she also thinks it would impact me emotionally as she really struggled when she went through the menopause. So I think realistically once the baby is a bit older if we both feel we're definitely done dh will get the snip instead

I'm not sure if I'm having a c sec this time but I definitely want my tubes out or tying. My oh is only 22 so he won't be allowed the snip, I'll be 31 and I'm so done after this one

it sounds like most of you ladies would prefer for the hubby to get snipped. i will def keep this in mind!
i am 34 and he is 35, and this will be out third and last. now i am leaning for him to get this done :)

I got mine done in Sept last year when I had my baby girl ... I have no side effects, I had some pain during recovery but Im good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->