Type 1 diabetes

Hi ladies , baby watts is growing nicely , I'm measuring 8w 4 so a couple of days behind from af but I have another scan in 4 weeks for edd. I'm feeling so much better. Hopeful this pregnancy won't be as hectic as my others x

Hi ladies , baby watts is growing nicely , I'm measuring 8w 4 so a couple of days behind from af but I have another scan in 4 weeks for edd. I'm feeling so much better. Hopeful this pregnancy won't be as hectic as my others x

Hi pink23

Glad to hear the scan went well.

I'm 9wk 2 days according to my last scan, so we are pretty close.

My next scan is 13th of Jan, so, I can't wait. I just want to know everything is ok.

Christmas is a nice wee distraction!

We are telling the in laws tomorrow, which feels weird as it's before the 12 wk scan, but we won't see them after this for ages, and I'd prefer to do it in person.

On the diabetes front I hypo'd this afternoon, probably the stress of trying to fight my way through tescos. Luckily my OH was there too...

I've been given a bright green bracelet to wear while pregnant, it goes with nothing but states pretty clearly that I'm Type 1 on it. I already wear a necklace but this is more obvious.

Smart to wear the braelet! I was out shopping once and i had such a bad hypo my feet and legs were giving up from underneath e, the room was spinning and turning black..i made it just in time to the restaurant in the store i was at so ask for a soda, slurring of course.

They are annoying....around 28 weeks w my first pregnancy is wheni needed more nsulin, but honestly not by much, then towards the end i was hypoing badly......this pregnancy is the total opposite, my insulin needs are way up and keep climbing and im more high than low, very frustrating!

I know it's not great what your both experiencing, but it's so nice not going mad on my own! This week has been a blood sugar roller coaster... If I'm not sky high, I'm sooooo low....
So, we told the in laws this eve, and my mother in law started crying, I think she thought we'd only give her cat and dog grand babies. My father in law said 'I knew it', so he had picked up on me not drinking or eating certain things. I just feel a bit more under pressure now to not mess up, they are excited now too...
But, positive mental attitude, I will do my best, wear my green bracelets and always carry lucozade. One day at a time. :mad:)

Glad everything went well pink23.

My hypos haven't been as bad as everyone else's but is anyone finding there sugars drop really quick?
Last night I was 4.2 I ran upstairs to get pjs for dd an come back down an it was 2.2 it was only about 30 seconds!
I was also treating a hypo the other night an I started out at 3.2
Drank some lucozade an it went to 2.3 then drank some more an ended up at 1.4 I ended up needing a bottle an a half when they say you only need 100ml :/

My requirements are changing now if I'm not low I'm high it's awful. Really hope our baby isn't huge!! But not sure I'll be trying for a vbac or just go for another section this time around x

It definitely helps having others that understand and able to ask advice and know what they are going on about. It's my lifeline having other diabetics to talk to.
Saw diabetic nurse today and asked to see him more this time as I really want to get my sugars right this time.
Hope everyone's ok xx

How often are you seen normally? I have to go every 2 weeks one is joint antenatal/diabetes an the other is just diabetes so 4 weeks for each one but they are spaced out every 2 weeks x

I go once a month and get my a1c checked once a month through te pregnancy.

Normally about every 3months but antenatal between 2-4 weeks just wanted to see the diabetic nurse at clinic more as he tends to download my pump and it helps me find where I need to change things xx

Hi

I have noticed dropping fast too, my nurse says the bean is taking all the good stuff for itself, leaving me with less and meaning I drop fast. I treat when I'm at 4 if I'm aware of it as I'll be at 2 or 1 before I know it. :wacko:

I'm in hospital ANC and diabetic every week due to the hypos, they say once they're better they may lessen it. I'm fine with it, better to be safe than sorry. Not had any sickness at all til this weekend, I'm over 9 weeks, is it normal to get it this late in tri 1? I thought you got it from the start?

With my first i got morning sickness around 8 weeks, and with my second not until 11 weeks, but it sucks bc i get ms alllll the way to the end of my pregnanies, it sucks!

With my first i got morning sickness around 8 weeks, and with my second not until 11 weeks, but it sucks bc i get ms alllll the way to the end of my pregnanies, it sucks!

Ah, I hope that doesn't happen to me... I love food too much :winkwink:

I managed to nibble on some salted crisps and that eased things, seems bizarre to eat to feel better (coming from a diabetic), but it's what I read others were doing and it did seem to help.

Well i should have been clearer lol...i get ms all day from 8-16ish weeks, then its just in the am when i wake up... Once i get it out im perfectly fine the rest ofthe day! :)

Extra insulin for me over the next few days. I'm so excited for christmas with the kids and husband and 2014 will be great :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->