Type 1 diabetes

Yes my insulin needs defiantly went up. I'm on about 50 units a day now but I'm sure when I was pregnant last at the end of it I was on a out 120 a day I thnk. That's seems loads hoping I can keep mine ok this time xx

I took 8 units of insulin earlier today an my sugars dropped by 2 I didn't even eat :/ I don't have a pump I'm on humalog an lantus but it's doing it's own thing think I need a big increase x

I am on about 60 units of humalog now, no lantus since im on apump...i was on 30 originally!

Yeah I think there's a point where the harder you try the more insulin likes to be stubborn :) xx

You just can't win. One min it won't come down next thing 3 hypos in half a day one that's to low the machine can't read it! When you ladies have hypos that you need help with how low have your blood sugars been? X

Usually in the 1's, like 1.3, 1.8 etc, last night I felt totally fine and I was 2.3 :wacko:
This is really weird for me because I've always had great symptoms at about 4.

Mine have been in the 1,s a few times an I've always been aware. When I checked the manual if my machine can't read it then it's lower than 1.1 I'm just glad that I've been able to sort it myself would hate the thought of being alone with my daughter an something happening. How have you been since your last bad hypo? Must be so scary for you! Lucky you have a good partner!! Don't think mine would realise tbh as after 4 years living together I've never needed help off him for a hypo x

Mine have been in the 1,s a few times an I've always been aware. When I checked the manual if my machine can't read it then it's lower than 1.1 I'm just glad that I've been able to sort it myself would hate the thought of being alone with my daughter an something happening. How have you been since your last bad hypo? Must be so scary for you! Lucky you have a good partner!! Don't think mine would realise tbh as after 4 years living together I've never needed help off him for a hypo x

I've been fine, but I have a horrid cough, just trying to drink lots of fluids and ride it out but I'm not sure it's improving, I'd rather not have to take antibiotics...

My OH only had to help me once before the pregnancy, we've been together almost 9 years, he was shown about 8 years ago how to use a glucagon, luckily the design hasn't changed in that time! He's and old pro after the last few months of this. But when I used to hypo in the night he would sleep through it, aware that I'd get up and sort myself out. Now he'll wake up and watch with one eye, and he'll jump up if he worries I'm not making a good job of sorting it out.

Oh that cough is going around!! We all have it my lil one was on antibiotics for a chest infection but she still has it. Mine has been bad that I go into a coughing fit an end up throwing up :/ not sure if I'm hypoing whilst sleeping though as it's every morning now I'll wake up start coughing an then I need to spend 15 mins sorting myself out.

Aww at least he is keeping a good check on you an baby :) have you had your dating scan yet? X

Oh that cough is going around!! We all have it my lil one was on antibiotics for a chest infection but she still has it. Mine has been bad that I go into a coughing fit an end up throwing up :/ not sure if I'm hypoing whilst sleeping though as it's every morning now I'll wake up start coughing an then I need to spend 15 mins sorting myself out.

Aww at least he is keeping a good check on you an baby :) have you had your dating scan yet? X

Yup, If I cough too hard I puke, it's very attractive! :nope: did you go on antibiotics for it?

I have my dating scan on the 13th of Jan, one week on Monday, I can't wait, I hope everything is ok. The MW has me down at the moment as due 22/7, but the obstetrician uses the 17/7 as my due date. As long as the baby is healthy I'm fine either way, I am a bit worried at being so big at the hottest time of the year...

No but I was given antibiotics for a water infection on Xmas eve an they haven't made a difference at all an obviously can't take anything else.

Aww I know how you feel. My first was due in august but come 4 weeks early was glad it was over (only 5ft1 so was so stretched the last part was the worse)

Have your doctors said you will be induced at 38 weeks? X

No but I was given antibiotics for a water infection on Xmas eve an they haven't made a difference at all an obviously can't take anything else.

Aww I know how you feel. My first was due in august but come 4 weeks early was glad it was over (only 5ft1 so was so stretched the last part was the worse)

Have your doctors said you will be induced at 38 weeks? X

Nope, they said they'll keep me going so long as there are no problems. They did say if the baby gets too big they may induce me but that's plan B.

I had read about diabetics normally being started earlier or not going further than 38 wks, but they just said so long as I'm healthy and the baby is healthy, they would just let things develop naturally. I think I'll be under close scrutiny towards the end however.

Yeah you most probably will be. Where we are you don't go over 38 weeks but think it's different all over x

I've been ok for bad hypos but I've reduced my pump at nights due to my husband working nights and I really couldn't think of having hypos in the night. Caleb who is 4 wouldn't understand what or who to call. I have told him if I'm home or out to get my husband or someone when I'm out. Fimgers crossed it doesn't come to that but I think I need to have something that he can have that he can give to someone in the street if it was ever to happen. I do Carry my diabetic card .
I'm starting to worry a little about things to come. I had a lot of fluid wi my daughter and started getting big after 20 weeks and I don't want complications again. I only seem to make it just before 37 weeks so know I will have extra care towards 30 weeks xx

Oh I had extra fluid with my daughter. Polyhydramnious
I think it's called. Hoping not to get it this time but they say it's common with diabetics. It's hard with little ones aswell as you have them to think of aswell as yourself x

Yeah that's what I had couldn't remember how to spell it lol.
I really don't want it again as the appointments get silly at the end and I don't fancy steriod injections again. Xx

I had steroid injections aswell an lul one was delivered following day as heart rate kept dropping don't know if they caused it :/

I had my son at 36+5 and he didn't have the steroids . He still went into special care but wasn't as bad as esmae so I'm going to question it when it comes close to 29 weeks again if I star having problems xx

I have been reading posts about babies being too big and growing too fast... But I think I'm growing too big! I'm almost 3 months this week and I almost had a hissy fit this morning trying to find jeans that fasten!
My mother in law says she didn't gaining any weight til she was 6 months :wacko: there is no way I'm weighing myself as that would be silly, but I didn't expect to feel so tubby? I know it's not baby making me bigger, the constant eating to keep my sugars up definitely contributes.
Pre pregnancy I was a size 10-12, the 10s are a no go, and the 12s are... Uncomfortable.
How early did you all buy maternity clothes? I'm watching a few pairs of maternity jeans on ebay as I just feel yuck in the ones I'm wearing. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->