• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Type 2 diabetic but now insulin dependent!

laurandan

Reaction score
As the title says I am a type 2 diabetic but have now been put on insulin due to my pregnancy! I am 6+4 this is the furthest I've ever been as had two early miscarriages last year at around 5+4 but one wasn't found until nearly 6 weeks due to bleeding!

What I'm really asking is, is there any of u ladies the same on insulin? I'm finding it really hard to find something to eat in the mornings as I don't fancy toast or cereal! What I really fancy is a bag of chocolate but that's not a great idea lol! It's so hard as I have to eat to be able to take my insulin.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received. I'm suffering with feeling sick but not actually being sick.

Thanks in advance,

Laura xx

I was diagnosed at 6 weeks with type 2. I was not put on insulin but rather glyburide. I have to eat breakfast too. What I find best is eating some protein and a little Carb like half a cup of potatoes or some low gi fruit like berries or kiwi.

But I have a terrible spike if I eat to much before 10 am. Good luck.

Protein won't spike your blood sugar, I've been following a low GI diet for a while now as carby stuff seem to just make me gain weight and be ravenously hungry.

I made ham on th weekend with hashbrowns, eating it for my breakfast today.
Normally though I have cottage cheese very high protein) and some berries.
Nuts and sparkly water are in my car for snack attacks.

If I'm really hungry in the morning, I'll make a shake in the morning before I leave: berries, spinach (chopped frozen 1/2 pack), protein powder (whey unflavoured never soy while pregnant), chia seeds, fish oil, water, orange, or cranberry juice, liquid iron and or a probiotic. Watch how much fruit you add or else you'll spike your sugar too much, a handful is plenty-it' better to throw in more veggies. A full scoop of protein powder and this will stop you from being hungry in the next 2-3 hours. Never ever add dairy when you add iron, you have your calcium at night nd iron with your fruit in the morning or else they'll bind in your tummy and you'll be constipated for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->