Type1 Insulin Pumpers & pregnant?? Any advice

I was going to ask you about breastfeeding! If you had done it and what your doctors have told u about it I want to breastfeed so badly but I'm worried if I'm out of control like I am now its not beneficial to baby :( I always think of millions of questions to ask the Dr when I'm not in the office and when I get there I don't have any! Lol and I have a NST Tuesday at 8:45am so I will check in beofre and after that! Then an endo at 11:30 so hopefully by after both appointments I see u got a BFP!

I wasn't really advised much about breastfeeding only how to do it and that I should always have something to snack on whilst doing it incase my bloods dropped, but I found it difficult as they really did drop and I found myself having lucozade, then my milk was turning orange!!! But I had to stop anyway, I would do it again but maybe not as long because its hard enough trying to get used to going back to your normal diabetic doses and getting used to things all over again, I was asked to try and express milk however by my diabetic team at week 36 and take it to the hospital with me when it was time to go incase they needed to feed little one straight away, hard work if there's not much milk there but after a couple of weeks trying and freezing the bits I got down I had a fair bit, might be worth asking if they havnt already suggested it to you.

Oh and I used to write questiond down in my memos on my phone so you can ask them lol my mind used to go blank when they aske is there anything you want to ask!!!!

Glad I saw this thread. I am T1 and have been on my pump since April 2011. I still struggle from time ti time but overall it is better than injections. I was diagnosed when I was 6 months pregnant with my DD. My blood sugar was 26.1 and was put on insulin 2 days after being admitted to the hospital. My pregnancy was rough and my labour even worse!! We have been ttc for 1.5 years. I will be testing tomorrow as I am on CD 36 and usually have 28-32 day cycles. Glad to know their is a little group of us here as it is different being on a pump! Good luck to those ttc and congrats to all of you expecting!

Welcome Dee!!!!! Glad to see you on here, sounds like you had it rough first time round!!
But you clearly got through it and it hasn't put you off :) good luck with your test, hope its a BFP for you, got my fingers crossed :)
I found it hard adjusting to the pump after injecting for so long but its finally going my way at last after lots of tweeking and getting my basal rates correct, I was injecting with my first pregnancy so I'm hoping the pump will be better for my next pregnancy!! Let us know how you get on :)

Good luck Dee!!! Ill be checking back here tomorrow to see ur BFP!! :) I was only on injections for a few months before I was put on the pump and I was 10 years old so I cant really remember how bad injections were but I do remember how much the pump changed my life! :) I almost feel normal Lol and kelly- I am def. going to be making little phone memos for my next appointment! I have minimum 2 appointments a week to keep everything regulated so I should have all my questions answered soon :)

Is it okay that I'm terrified of dying during my c-section? I know sections are super common, but I'm pissed at myself for my baby being too big and I'm scared to death of surgery.

Is it okay that I'm terrified of dying during my c-section? I know sections are super common, but I'm pissed at myself for my baby being too big and I'm scared to death of surgery.

I personally didnt have time to think about it the first time around....i was on that much gas and air I didnt really think and it was over quite quickly but this time round its may start to creep into my mind yes :wacko:

I think its completely normal.....although that doesnt help your worries....but once you hear your baby you wont be thinking anything like that im sure :thumbup:

Wellllllll....I got my BFP this morning!!!!!! I have an appt. to see my Doc on Sept.10.From my calculations I will be due on May 1st, 2013!! Now I have to connect with my Diabetes Center..my head is in a cloud right now!!!!:happydance::cloud9:

Wellllllll....I got my BFP this morning!!!!!! I have an appt. to see my Doc on Sept.10.From my calculations I will be due on May 1st, 2013!! Now I have to connect with my Diabetes Center..my head is in a cloud right now!!!!:happydance::cloud9:

Congratulations Dee!!! Thats fab news :happydance:

Now for all the hard work to begin.......you will do great :flower:

Keep us updated xx

Yay!! Congratulations Dee!! And ersurgeongirl I think that's completley normal! I think its odd that I'm not scared for a c section! I have a growth scan on the 5th and I am very nervous :(

Massive Congrats Dee!

I have a growth scan on the 5th also! I am measuring slightly bigger but I'm not sure how much heed I give to that!

Polly

I was MASSIVE my first pregnancy and after 4 days of labour and 4 hrs of pushing..my baby turned halfway down and got stuck. I had to have an emergency c-section. I was so scared but it is what had to be done in order to get my baby out safely. I will approach my labour the same way this time. I would love to have a VBAC but if it means having to have another section..then it is what it is. I just want what is the best for my baby and myself:hugs:

Good luck Polly! Hopefully we both get good news! :) and wow dee how scary! At least everything turned out good and I agree that as much as id love a vaginal birth if a c section is what's needed to get baby out safely then that's fine with me :)

I've been getting quite alot of lower backache today and cramping :wacko:
Hope its not my period creeping in :nope:

Fingers crossed its not!! I had cramping aall throughout my early pregnancy.. felt like period was going to show up any minute for weeks!

I need some advice from you ladies.. so after dealing with horrible insulin resistance and constant high blood sugars for months all of the sudden the past few days baby hasn't moved at much.. then yesterday all of the sudden my sugars started going low.. I went to L&D and monitored bang and they said he looked good on the monitors but I mentioned to them in worried that the placenta has stopped working properly because I know that on diabetics with uncontrolled blood sugars that's a possibility and Ive heard the symptoms of that are low blood sugars and less movements from baby. The Dr said that we just need to keep on eye on it to come back if he doesn't move as much still.. but didn't do an ultrasound or anything to make sure hes okay?? Im just worried he wont br okay in here until Tuesday/Wednesday at my next appointments .. has anyone got any advice on this? Or knowledge about early placenta dregradation due to the diabetes?

Hi Chelsea, I don't know much about it but I know I had not much movement as I was used to later on but that may hane been down to just not much room in there anymore.......maybe this will help a little https://community.babycenter.com/post/a28690067/placental_degradation

If you get too concerned though do't hesitate to ask for a scan to check everythings ok.....I would, at the end of the day you already know your baby and as the saying goes "mum knows best" are good enough to go on for me.

Hope your ok xx

Thanks I went to L&D last night and they wouldn't do a scan :( if his movements decrease again I might go back in tonight/tomorrow and insist upon one I'm still getting 10+ movements in an hour or two so if it changes ill go back in thank u for that site I'm going to check it out now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->