Type1 Insulin Pumpers & pregnant?? Any advice

My doc..she gave me my requistion for prenatal bloodwork..which would have my A1C anf blood glucose levels..they then faxed my bloodwork results to the Diabetic Team to have when I had my first consult.

Told my OB first didn't have a appt with dibetic till like 4 months in because they were so busy & my sugars were perfect.. so had a NST today that didn't go over well so got an appt at 10am tomorrow with high risk to do another NST then to determine LOs weight to find out if I get an induction or c section and to determine when hell be here! Dr said for sure within two weeks though!! Wow cant believe it!

Told my OB first didn't have a appt with dibetic till like 4 months in because they were so busy & my sugars were perfect.. so had a NST today that didn't go over well so got an appt at 10am tomorrow with high risk to do another NST then to determine LOs weight to find out if I get an induction or c section and to determine when hell be here! Dr said for sure within two weeks though!! Wow cant believe it!

Ooooooh do let us know how you get on, feels sureal when you get a date :flower:
I remember it so well :hugs:

Morning ladies!!! So just did my first test and its got a faint line!!! I'm 10dpo so going to do another tomorrow to be certain.....so happy but so much to think about now!!!!
I have a flu jab at my doctors on 2nd of oct so I think I may wait and ask them to do a test while I am there then they can get sorted at the hospital with my pump clinic :flower:

That is awesome...keep us updated!!!

Baby boy is here!!!! He safely made it on the 24th via planned csection :)

CONGRATS TO ERSURGEONGIRL AND KELLYRAE!!!!!!! So happy for u on ur baby boy and so happy for you to start your pregnancy journey!!!!!!!! Well after my appt they sent to straight to be admitted! They were going to induce right away but after more.lab work they decided to wait and watch us.. still in the hospital with a massive headache & horrible vision disturbance + tpns of protein in urinewaiting to find out if my baby boy is coming today or tomorrow or next 2 weeks! Seems like they're gonna keep him in there a bit longer but we will see!

CONGRATS TO ERSURGEONGIRL AND KELLYRAE!!!!!!! So happy for u on ur baby boy and so happy for you to start your pregnancy journey!!!!!!!! Well after my appt they sent to straight to be admitted! They were going to induce right away but after more.lab work they decided to wait and watch us.. still in the hospital with a massive headache & horrible vision disturbance + tpns of protein in urinewaiting to find out if my baby boy is coming today or tomorrow or next 2 weeks! Seems like they're gonna keep him in there a bit longer but we will see!

Awww noooo not what you wanted really :nope:
I dont wish a long hospital stay on anyone, as lots of us know its not what you need, hope he's out safe and sound and you are feeling much better soon xx:hugs:

Thank you! They've already told me 3 times there were gonna induce to turn around and say nevermind its frustrating I just wish I knew either way! I guess when my 24 hour urine labs get back ill know for sure.. its still to early for him to come so as much as I want to meet him he needs to stay put!! Im so happy for you though! I bet you are ecstatic! :D

I was convinced last night that AF was going to arrive soon with the cramping I was getting, so my heart wasnt really in the testing this morning but when it showed up I was in shock haha
But yes we are both really excited about it.....then the diabetes mind starts to kicks in and straight into "right get your head down and make these blood sugars as good as possible" mode!!
My bllods have been around 7-8 all day so I have upped my basal rates to 110% to see if that helps bring them down a little....although I'm ready for some lows to start soon enough :wacko: xx

Oh yes the lows! They started at around 8 weeks for me and went to 12 weeks then insulin resistance started ag 18 weeks! I do have to say the pump helps a lot while pregnant!! Being able to adjust everything and still eat what we like(sort-of Lol)

I'm hoping its better this time around, my hubby used to have to set his alarm for 3am every morning to check I hadnt hypo'd, not ideal but it had to be done coz most nights I did and had no idea :wacko:
But with the pump at least I can regulate them a little better.
I,m due for my flu jab next tuesday so I will let them know at my family doctors to confirm it then take it from there, I had my first scan last time at 7 weeks if i remember right, so not too much of a rush to tell them, got my 5mg folic acid, bloods in control so I think I have it under control for now anyway lol
Then the appointments will start, every two weeks hopefully :flower:

Oh wow how scary! Hate hypos!! I was getting to the point where I didn't know it was low too! Scary stuff! Keep us posted on how things goes my first scan was at 6/7 weeks and I got to hear heartbeat & everything :) after I have bubs ill still be on here to check on u and ur LO! :D

Hello.

I'm type one and I am back on the pump. I'm 33 weeks now and in my first pregnant I had the pump. Before it I my hba1c was 12.something! After first pregnancy and being on the pump it was 5.4% but hypo hell when bump arrived. All my ratios were changed etc and I expressed so I took the pump off and had a biscuit during expressing to stop me from having a low.

I placed the site into my bump and didn't have problems at all for me though it was after when I had the extra flab/fat and the canula wouldn't go into me so I was thinking after changing my site the tube was in and 3/4hours later blood tests it said 'HI' so I spent a few hours in hospital with a drip in! Stressful so stopped using it and went back to my pens.

Now back on the pump. Yes bloods aren't amazing but got to the stage of pregnancy where it gets high naturally my sugars etc so hard to balance. I want to put the site into my leg but don't dare haha! So we'll see how it goes when this bump arrives! I'd recommend the pump to anyone, male or female and pregnant or not! Just tough when my son thinks the wire is his toy and wants it!

Hi there Hawalkden........glad things are going well for you, hope you have a better time this time around, I found expressing with my first quite difficult too with the hypos!!! Although i was on pens then so was easier to control, not too sure what am going to do this time....spose it all depends if little one has to spend time in the nicu :wacko:

ah beloved NICU. Hope they don't spend too much time in there. Isaac was 5 weeks early. Weighing 7lb :o.. but had jaundice so was under lamp and lazy feeder! I was daisy the cow expressing 120ml each every 2 hours. Nightmare!! :(. Not had any hypos so far this one but i know my hba1c isnt amazing and i get a lecture every week i go and see the diabetic team! It's not as easy to control and eat when Isaac is becoming an action man crawler and taking my time up :|. But glad I'm on the pump because if i was on the pens I'd not take any insulin so suppose the pump is the bonus and i just dose it that way :\.

I'm not pregnant but i'm SO broody! i can't get pregnant now as i'm still in honeymoon from being diagnosed type 1 ahhhh plus it would be impossible looking after two young LO's eeee lol

So glad I am able to hear all your stories about being pregnant and using the pump. My first pregnancy was diagnosed at 6 months and on needles right away. This pregnancy I am on a pump. I have been on it since April 2011. I find it helpful hearing what you all have to say about when to expect insulin resistence, hypos etc. Congrats on the LOs that have already been born and good luck to the rest of you. Thanks ladies:hugs:

congrats dee xx
Im also on the pump and found it a big help during pregnancy with hypos. I didnt have as many and control was better.
Im still expressing to and not got the best control now but Im getting there and would be lost without the pump xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->