Type1 Insulin Pumpers & pregnant?? Any advice

I used to use it when I was pregnant, its great for lots of different advice and has some great videos of your babys progress :)
I got my period tonight.......and so it all begins again!!!!:wacko:

Oh im sorry! Fingers crossed that this is your month!!

Thats what I was going to ask you ladies......whats the cgm like? Ive seen a few vids on youtube of people inserting them and it looks alittle harsher than the pump canula....they look alot bigger needles.......i was goin to ask my nurse for one if I do get pregnant to stop the hypos i suffered before.

The needles are larger.. honestly it took me four hours to get the guts to put it in.. I don't use the inserter because I feel more in control just using my hands and doing it slow.. once I got it put in though I realized it wasn't bad at all! Sometimes my pump site hurts way worse going in.. my sister also has one and she uses the inserter and she says it really isn't as bad as it looks too! Its amazing though for warning you when your sugars are either going low or high and it is def. worth it!! The only issue is without insurance-it is very expensive!! With good insurance its not that bad.

My insurance won't cover a cgm:growlmad: I don't understand..it would help control my Diabetes so much better!

Hi everyone, I am also type 1 diabetic for 22 years now and have been on a pump for 6 years.

I am now on my third diabetic pregnancy. All going pretty good, last A1C was 5.6 down from 6.4 just prior to pregnancy. I think it has gone up again as I am starting to fight resistance.
So lovely to see others similar to me.

kellyrae- sorry AF arrived.

chelseav1213- I hope everything is ok with your bub. I would go back to L and D if you have any worries. I hope all is ok. That is good though that your bub is doing 10 movements in an hour though.

Hi everyone else, so glad I found this thread. Happy to answer any questions too:)

I'm presuming the Insurance is in the U.S, In U.K we don't have to pay insurance as we pay ours through our wages each week as we get paid National insurance we call it, my Diabetic was considering putting me on one a while ago but my pump started to level thing out so we didnt bother, but as I have the choice I think I might give it ago if it means better control and awareness :flower:

Hi everyone, I am also type 1 diabetic for 22 years now and have been on a pump for 6 years.

I am now on my third diabetic pregnancy. All going pretty good, last A1C was 5.6 down from 6.4 just prior to pregnancy. I think it has gone up again as I am starting to fight resistance.
So lovely to see others similar to me.

kellyrae- sorry AF arrived.

chelseav1213- I hope everything is ok with your bub. I would go back to L and D if you have any worries. I hope all is ok. That is good though that your bub is doing 10 movements in an hour though.

Hi everyone else, so glad I found this thread. Happy to answer any questions too:)

Hi there and welcome.....great to see others joining us all.....more the merrier I say!!! Third pregnancy....Wow.....your braver than me....you will be an expert so be prepared for questions lol :headspin:

Kellyrae- I would get it then for sure!
Welcome mammatotwo!
Well had a NST today and I guess baby didn't do what the wanted because I'm to go back tomorrow for another.. fingers crossed everythings okay and he stays put!! I also have my growth scan which I am so excited for! Last one I got 3D/4D pictures and they were amazing so I'm hoping for more :) its been a month so I am so ready to see him again :) I am nervous though because I don't know how big he is hope hes not too big!
Dee- that's horrible I don't see why such an amazing thing isn't covered by some insurances! It really could help a lot of people who need it! Maybe it'll get covered soon :)

So had my growth scan today! Baby weighs 5 lbs 7 oz!!! And they said add a few oz because the machine measures small!! So my 31 week baby is almost 6 lbs!! Holy s***!!! They also couldn't get very good pics because they said he was VERY VERY low.. so don't know if I should be expecting him sooner because of that?

I had an ultrasound today... Baby is measuring in at 6lbs 12oz. Omg o_O

I don't think that having him be lower would cause him to be here sooner... Most babies drop and still end up being over due lol

well baby dropped more-then I started having contractions.. then I went from closed at the Dr to 1-2 at the hospital so they're monitoring me.. also had preotein and high bp so doing a 24 hour urine.. how far along are you? I knew this LO would try and come early but not this early!!

Hope you ladies are doing well...I jave to say that today has been one of the best days of my pregnancy..I discovered peppermint tea...see ya later nausea!!:happydance:

Glad your scans went well ladies!! Not long to go :)

I'm t1 and using a pump and cgm. I had lows from the second I conceived my child... I never ate so many glucose tabs in my life lol.

I'm an open book so feel free to ask away!

Just notice you have 4 days left :happydance:
I hope it all goes well for you and good luck....you must be rather nervous/excited now :flower:

well baby dropped more-then I started having contractions.. then I went from closed at the Dr to 1-2 at the hospital so they're monitoring me.. also had preotein and high bp so doing a 24 hour urine.. how far along are you? I knew this LO would try and come early but not this early!!

How you getting on hun? Hope LO is behaving for you :)

I'm okay baby is doing good but ive developed pre-e sk were just taking one day at a time! Ive started having contractions though again today (which happens all the time) nut they're coming at 4 mi.Utes so gotta keep an eye on things and if they progress going to L&D! :/ How are you? :)

I'm okay baby is doing good but ive developed pre-e sk were just taking one day at a time! Ive started having contractions though again today (which happens all the time) nut they're coming at 4 mi.Utes so gotta keep an eye on things and if they progress going to L&D! :/ How are you? :)

I hope eveythings goes ok for you :flower:
I am good thankyou.....hoping this month is lucky for us seen as its the second time i will be testing this month!!!!
Not trying to think about symptoms too much, although I know theres a few but i'm trying to ignore them haha.
Who did you guys inform first of your pregnancy? Diabetic nurse or doctor?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->