u/s at ~5w3d?

Starlight32

Reaction score
I'm getting an u/s this week. What should I expect with it being so early?

At this stage, it can vary by a lot. I have had a couple of early 5w scans. One time i saw just the sac, once I saw the fetal pole, and once I saw the pole and yolk sac. I will say that one time I went in really close to 5w and all we saw was a sac. Two days later I had a pole. Even just a day can make a difference. I'm about to leave for an appointment due to cramping and spotting. They should scan me (5w4d going by ovulation, 5w3d going by LMP). If they scan me, I'll try to get a copy of the picture and post it.

At this stage, it can vary by a lot. I have had a couple of early 5w scans. One time i saw just the sac, once I saw the fetal pole, and once I saw the pole and yolk sac. I will say that one time I went in really close to 5w and all we saw was a sac. Two days later I had a pole. Even just a day can make a difference. I'm about to leave for an appointment due to cramping and spotting. They should scan me (5w4d going by ovulation, 5w3d going by LMP). If they scan me, I'll try to get a copy of the picture and post it.

Oh no dobbie! Please update! You're my bump buddy :) sure all will be fine, spotting happens a lot! It happened in my other pregnancies and all was perfect!

OP, not much really it depends. I've had scans at every week imaginable in my previous pregnancies and this time if all goes well I'm hoping to just go in at 8 weeks so that everything can be seen. You may see a Hb depending on how early u implanted but don't be shocked if you don't see a HB yet it's quite early.

She did scan me. She wasn't familiar with the machine since it was an older model, and she actually ended up having to scan me twice... the first time, I almost had a heart attack because it was just an empty sac. But the second time after some wiggling around she found my baby. She didn't go through what was what (probably assumed since I said I had a transvag before that I didn't need explanation). But basically, I have a blob. But it's my blob. And I think it's adorable. ;)

She said she couldn't measure the heartbeat, but not to worry because it doesn't mean there isn't one but that the baby's heart is so teeny tiny that it's not possible to measure yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 4.jpg
    IMG_0001 4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 20
She did scan me. She wasn't familiar with the machine since it was an older model, and she actually ended up having to scan me twice... the first time, I almost had a heart attack because it was just an empty sac. But the second time after some wiggling around she found my baby. She didn't go through what was what (probably assumed since I said I had a transvag before that I didn't need explanation). But basically, I have a blob. But it's my blob. And I think it's adorable. ;)

She said she couldn't measure the heartbeat, but not to worry because it doesn't mean there isn't one but that the baby's heart is so teeny tiny that it's not possible to measure yet.

Awww adorable!!!

Definitely a gestational sac, probably a yolk sac, possibly a little tiny fetal pole but don't worry if it's not yet visible

Definitely come back and let us know how it goes! :) Excited for you!

They saw a sac & yolk but no heart beat :( dr thinks it may still be too early. I'm praying we hear it for our next one!

Definitely early. My gyn said it's not that there isn't a heart and that it isn't beating, it's just too tiny to measure right now. :) you will be stunned how much growth happens between now and your next scan

How many weeks were u when u got scanned? I saw Hb both my pregnancies at 6 weeks and at 6+2. Never went before then...I'd say don't bother before 6 weeks it's wayyyy to early.

My last bfp I had a fetal pole at 5w2d. But like I've said, I've been nearing week 6 and only had a sac. Things change so rapidly in the course of days. It's honestly why doctors don't like doing early scans and they wait until 7-8 weeks usually. Try not to worry. :)

I'm somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks. I was on the pill before getting pregnant and was not tracking anything, so they aren't sure when I would have ovulated. My scan was done probably 5w3d at the earliest and 6 weeks at the latest.

Can I ask why u got scanned before 6 weeks? Were u bleeding?

I was having one sided pain, so they wanted to rule out ectopic.. thankfully they did!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->