UGHHHHHH So annoyed.... :/

eppgirl

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 13 + weeks pregnant, I called the doctor and asked for a comfort ultrasound as they told me they weren't gonna do one till I was eighteen weeks...and this is my first I just wanna see my baby....well they scheduled one for April 30th too far away in my opinion I need to see it....anyways got a call today saying they're not able to do one before eighteen weeks due to the fact they can't see the gender...scheduled for may 3rd omg how stupid ill still freaking be SIXTEEN weeks that's before eighteen stupid doctor....I'm switching as soon as I find a way...just feel like crying right now...

Don't you get a 12 week dating scan and a 20 week anomaly scan? Wouldn't have thought being able to see the gender would even be relevant

Thanks for the response. Nope, I didn't get nothing. They said the only ultrasound they're able to do is eighteen weeks because they can't measure before then which is bull.....because at the other on here they do ultrasounds at eight weeks. I mean seriously. They just go off what I say and blood work.

That's odd, when I had my 20 week they said they didn't measure the baby at that stage :S

Its just annoying because they make no sense. The only other OB we have if I went there I would have to drive an hour away to have the baby and it would be in a place that no one really cares about you..:/

its normal not to get a ultra sound if you not high risk and if your healthy and know your dates....
most insurances will not pay for one betore 18 or twenty weeks...

I got an ultrasound at 6 weeks, 11 weeks, and 21 weeks, but I'm in the US I'm not sure where you are. :shrug:

I got an ultrasound at 6 weeks, 11 weeks, and 21 weeks, but I'm in the US I'm not sure where you are. :shrug:

are you under 18, that n itself is considered high risk to some doctors so that would be why you got them,..

other doctors do not consider under 18 high risk....

im high risk because i havepremie babies so that is why i get them but normally if you do not have a health risk or are not high risk and know ur dates.... you dont get one in the us or uk before 18 or 24 weeks...

are you under 18, that n itself is considered high risk to some doctors so that would be why you got them,..

im high risk because i havepremie babies so that is why i get them but normally if you do not have a health risk or are not high risk and know ur dates.... you dont get one in the us or uk before 18 or 24 weeks...

I was 16 when I was pregnant, about to be 18, but my doctor never really considered me high risk until I came down with preeclampsia. The one at 6 weeks was to see how far along I was, because little Scarlet was a surprise and I had no idea, and 11 weeks was a gender screening, we had a very good ultrasound technician, and 21 was the 4D anomoly scan, I also had another scan when she cracked my rib but I wasn't going to count that :haha:, and by the time I came down with preeclampsia, I was very close to full term so I didn't need one.

I was 16 when I was pregnant, about to be 18, but my doctor never really considered me high risk until I came down with preeclampsia. The one at 6 weeks was to see how far along I was, because little Scarlet was a surprise and I had no idea, and 11 weeks was a gender screening, we had a very good ultrasound technician, and 21 was the 4D anomoly scan, I also had another scan when she cracked my rib but I wasn't going to count that :haha:, and by the time I came down with preeclampsia, I was very close to full term so I didn't need one.

well you look pretty tiny...that might be why or just maybe he had his own reason...either way im sure your happy enough you got to see your little one several times :)

I know how annoying it is not being able to have a scan. I still have no idea how far along I am and I got a letter through saying my '12 week scan' is the 9th May. Soooo far away :(

I am in the US as well blamesydney. Idk they make no sense.
The only reason they said they couldnt do an ultrasound before eighteen weeks was because they couldn't measure the baby. But if you read what I wrote they rescheduled my ultrasound for like three days after they had scheduled it, in which case I will still b only sixteen weeks. They are contradicting themselves and I've been crying for hours as they seem to just not care of my worries at all.......
Yes it is annoying...:/ I wanna switch sooooooo. Bad but I can't.

Im in Canada and it was the same way... I never got to see my bub till 20 weeks and we had a miscarriage before that so we were super freaked out till then it sucked and was really hard :(

I am in the US and I am not high risk or a teen (I am 31) and I am very sure of my dates. My doctor's office scheduled my first scan for 8 weeks. Perhaps it has something to do with insurance?

It has all to do with the OFFICE. Ive had ultrasounds early in every pregnancy, but because i sought out practices that did them. My first ob, who was nothing but rude said id havw to wait until 20 weeks for a scan. I changed.ob's, and had one immediately. You should look into differebt offices if you are unhappy where you are! :hugs:

Hi girls :) This all sounds very strange to me but maybe it's just different for every country? I had a dating scan at 8 weeks, I am due for my 12 week one next week (I will be 13 weeks lol) and then the anomaly scan and then I think another one after that? Not too sure. Over here in NZ we don't have to pay for health care or have insurance for things like this, so I don't know if that makes a difference? I find it so strange you have to wait so long for a scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->