• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uhh creepy! *New Story 11/9 first post

I was terrified in the beginning! I was thinking I was doomed to being scared 24/7 because I bought a house at 20 and it would take forever to pay off and that was that, a ghost would surely get me. :rofl:

Eventually I just stopped being freaked out as much. And I would hear noises on a regular basis. Sometimes I would say "okay its bedtime, its time to be quiet please" (definitely made sure I said it nicely and with a please thrown in that statement). It might have made me bat-shit-crazy talking to myself, but it comforted me. :haha:

its odd because the things that happen are always NOT justifiable. The electrical based issues? House has all new electrical work, top to bottom. The cat locked in the room? The window was locked from the inside.

Also, the sump pump in the basement was cleaned out once I got the house because it needed it. But wouldnt pump, and my basement would flood. Cleaned it again and after draining it discovered it had a ton of marbles down in the hole. Really? thank you Mr. Ghost for flooding my basement so I clean it all out when I was a zillion months pregnant.

it was built in 1940. i dont have any other info besides the last owners who only lived here a few years before a forclosure.

Oooh...so weird. The marble thing is kinda creepy. I love to hear about this kind of stuff. I wish you knew more about its past. I'd love to know!!!

Oh wow!! Sounds like a kid trying to play with you!

The marble thing is bizarre......

You know, I used to never believe in that kind of stuff, but I took a job once as a tour guide in an antebellum house that is on National Geographic's top 10 most haunted places in America, and working there changed my mind. I was the only tour guide who never saw an actual apparition, but weird stuff like lights going on and off, piano playing in an empty room, etc. would happen....

I would try to find out the history of your house, just for your own curiosity. Or you could get the house blessed by a priest. They did that at the place I used to work.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ghost stories and creepy stuff! I've seen a few things I can't explain in my life, and I've heard people talking to me, when no-1 was there. Just recently I had the beach vacation from hell because I went with my granny and my uncle. I took my niece and DS with me for them to have fun, needless to say my gran and uncle made our lives miserable while we were there. I tried to fly home and everything. Anyway--- when I finally made it home I had a dream that I told my uncle completely off! It was awesome in my dream.... right after I said "you think you know everything, but you don't know your a$$ from a hole in the ground" my other uncle (past away almost a year ago)( who was my favorite, and also his brother) laughed hysterically... loud... it woke me up, and even as I was laying there with my eyes wide open looking around trying to find where the laughter was coming from, it got louder!.... I wasn't scared of him, just didn't expect it. I think it was his way to tell me that I wasn't wrong in all the drama that went on at the beach with the rest of the family, they treated me, my niece and son like crap while we were there, and now we are no longer talking.... he knows how they are, and I don't think he blames me...

We heard some very strange moans and groans through Dylan's monitor the other night. We went to investigate and realised it was the neighbours below having quite loud sex!

I get this, LOs bedroom is directly below the people upstairs & their bedroom..
Can hear everything through the monitor!!
Puts me right off my dinner!!

Lol
X

:haha::haha:

Ohh, all this stuff scares me but yet I sometimes like to read stories on it :dohh:
Nothing has happened to me and I hope it doesn't :/

Lily went into her own room last night and I'm so happy we don't need a monitor.. I can hear her as her room is next to ours.. If both doors are open shes a few steps away

I like hearing stuff like this, but I get WAY too freaked out. Especially when someones talking about stuff that's happened in our house!!! I haven't thought much about it since I've had LO, but I am terrified using the baby monitor! lol

ooooh im loving these stories!! It sounds like a kid playing with you definatley, do you have anyone in your family who died around the time you bought the house? It could be there way of trying to contact you or get your attention without scaring you so much? like the marbles are kind of subtle but you would always notice them?

I dont know lol!!

ETA - thinking back on it now I am sure a few unexplained things have happened to me too! I just never realised until I read this post lol! I had it when my bedroom was upstairs and it was the middle of the night and I have gone to the loo (which is down the landing a bit), I sleep with my light on because I am a coward haha and when I got back from the loo my light was off so I turned it back on and shut my door, walked over to my bed and got in then noticed the door was wide open again!! And I am sure the other day when Lyla sneezed someone else said 'bless you' but there was no one else in my house, it sounded a bit like my voice aswell! But hey I dont know! Sometimes when I am sitting downstairs I can here like movement upstairs but no one else is in and both the cats are downstairs with me!! lol I think some stories like these are a coincidence but some are unexplainable. I am sure mine could be explained lol! x

i get proper freeked out by baby monitors lol i dont know why i must have watched a scary film with um in or summat im that scared i wont even switch them on haha i just have all doors open and tv proper down low so i can hear her if she cries lol

My house is 300years + old :D obviously been updated and such but we often hear footsteps going up and down the landing, lights turning on themselves, lights blowing with brand new bulbs in - this once happened 3times in a row and we had the electrics checks and it was fine! Things go missing then turn up a few days later in the exact spot you were looking for it 10times before.

its so exciting and scary at the same time.

nope, no one died when I got the house.. and I can't seem to find public record before 1996 :doh:

We had to stay in a temporary apartment when ours was being renovated and I swear that place was haunted. Things would disappear and reappear where they were supposed to be but when you looked it it the first time, it wasn't there. My cats would always watch something in the hall and meow CONSTANTLY at nothing, which wasn't like them.

last night when i turned on the monitor (it has a video) i heard the sound of a door opening and looked up and saw the closet was cracked open.

couldve been the wind....or a ghost!

We just moved and this house was built in the 20s

last night when i turned on the monitor (it has a video) i heard the sound of a door opening and looked up and saw the closet was cracked open.

couldve been the wind....or a ghost!

We just moved and this house was built in the 20s

That is freaky! i think i would have peed my pants!!! Have u had stuff like that happen b4?

Lilypic4 (800x545).jpg

135.jpg

I need to not look at this thread, especially on night feeds. My sister told me that once she was out for a walk with her mate and they passed a children's cemetery. She got the heebie jeebies and asked her friend to drive them home, feeling 'followed' the whole way.

When they got to her empty flat, every door, window or drawer that had been open was closed, and every one that had been closed was open. In her son's room was a line of toys from the bed to the door. It sounds far fetched but when I was in her flat, listening to that story, it certainly felt real enough!

I need to not look at this thread, especially on night feeds. My sister told me that once she was out for a walk with her mate and they passed a children's cemetery. She got the heebie jeebies and asked her friend to drive them home, feeling 'followed' the whole way.

When they got to her empty flat, every door, window or drawer that had been open was closed, and every one that had been closed was open. In her son's room was a line of toys from the bed to the door. It sounds far fetched but when I was in her flat, listening to that story, it certainly felt real enough!

OMG!! Your sister must have totally freaked out! Has she had anything else happen since then?

Christine

135.jpg

I totally believe there is something in our house but I like to think its my OH's sister who passed away I don't want to scare myself n think its anything or anyone else. Normal stuff like cupboard doors being opened and glasses filling with water that could easily be explained but I moved Alexa into her own room quite early on n I'd go into her room n she'd be facing the complete opposite way to how I put her and she was to young to have been able to do it herself and I went in one morning n she was at the other end of her cot n one of her teddies was sat in the middle of her bed !! That really scared me if I'm honest !! Alexa always stares at the picture we have of OH's sister n always stares towards the fireplace n one night we were sleeping downstairs back when she was in her Moses basket n I woke up to see a figure neeled at the side of her basket. I told OH the day after n he just laughed it of but then a few days later was taking a picture of Alexa near the glass table in our front room n he took 2 n when he looked one of them had a face in the glass of a girl with dark hair !! Very scary !!

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->