uk- Company medical insurance

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So i discovered that i have private medical insurance through my company with Bupa.in which i have a yearly allowance of around £700.
Reading through the general t&cs it all seemed based if i have an emergency and need to see a consulatant or something.

But does any one know if i can use this allowance for pregnancy related stuff...ie give birth in a bupa hospital? (i recgonise this wud be more then £700...but i could top this up my self.)

Any ideas??

It's definitely a question for HR Hun.
My oh has private work medical insurance for our family-they don't seem to tell you much about it!
Did they give you any paper work? Xx

You should get a pack which explains exactly whats covered.

I get Bupa through work but nothing pregnancy related is included. They have quite a lot of different exclusions ect so def speak to HR and they will be able to tell you.

We get bupa too at work and there is no pregnancy related stuff, for us it's more if we need a referral to see someone about a condition of sorts we see the gp first and then get the referral. I get it for free but pay for oh and lo,

Definitely worth looking into. OH's work covers pretty much everything, pregnancy included. He asked me if I wanted adding to his policy for something like £30/month. I said no, it wasn't worth it, then when I was pregnant I found out it would have covered me to give birth at the Portland if I'd been on the policy just before I got pregnant. I was a bit miffed, to say the least :rofl:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->