(UK) Does anyone watch "doctors"?

booda

Reaction score
Right, I love doctors - i know a lot of people think it's crap lol but I've watched it for years - anyway, Zara had her baby at 30-something weeks apparently, and he appeared to have trouble breathing, needed resuscitated at birth (was born at her work in GP surgery) and all of a sudden is sent home FINE at less than 2 weeks old!
Zara also appeared to have a double electric breast pump in hospital - now these are flipping expensive! Came out a cardboard box so it wasn't the hospitals. Next thing baby's home and shes giving him about 10 ounces of milk out a tommee tippee bottle! at 2 weeks old!? What a waste of money on a breast pump!
Then today she's flouncing around town carrying baby in a carry-cot, that CANT be easy, buying handbags and going into work and doing bits of work.....shes 2 weeks PP with a prem baby!!!!
So unrealistic!

OK i know TV isn't meant to be realistic but FFS no wonder people end up with such a skewed view of what motherhood is really like and feel like failures because they aren't like the portrayed views....

Oh gawd im reading too much into things i think......ok, i seriously need to get some kind of sleep tonight :rofl: before i lost what little bit of sanity i have left :haha:
Anyone else confused by this!? (or am i the only saddo who watches doctors?)

lol i think im the only saddo here :haha::haha::haha:

lol sounds completely unrealistic, but then most soaps are!
My 12 week old lo can't take that much milk when I express!
xx

I watch it too :blush: i even make sure I'm home to catch it!! i thought it was unrealistic too and a couple of days before she was walking around in high heels!! i personally had to give that up at 4 months!!! :shrug:

I watch it too :blush: i even make sure I'm home to catch it!! i thought it was unrealistic too and a couple of days before she was walking around in high heels!! i personally had to give that up at 4 months!!! :shrug:

I'm still not back in mine!! :haha:

I usually catch it in iplayer if i miss it :haha: i know all soaps are unrealistic but that was to the point of extremely confusing :rofl: geez i need to get a life!

I watch on the occasion. That sounds ridiculous! That woman annoys me as it is, she's such a bitch!!

Yup same, and now she wants to go back to work and leave baby joe with a childminder - he was premature, is just home, and she wants to leave him!?!!! Not sure if the story is going to go down the "zara has PND" route or if they're just showing her as a bit dismissive :/

I stopped watching Doctors several years ago now, it just got a bit silly and they really started scraping the barrel with the storylines, the last one I watched was where this man had 3 girlfriends all living next door to each other as part of a polyamorous arrangement and they were all pregnant and all went into labour at the same time, yeah right. xx

Lmao that sounds ridiculous summer! Don't think I've ever seen that one rofl, thing that bugs me is that they cover a lot of sensitive issues especially surrounding mental health, most of the time they portray it fairly well for a tv soap, but then they have to go throw in a barrell of lesbians fighting over a transsexual :/ (not literally but ykwim)

You're not the only saddo - I've been getting really cross about this story too!!

I'm not sure I've ever been so enthusiastically celebrated for being a saddo before!! Love it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->