Uk- first midwife appointments

Cmcxx

Reaction score
UK ladies . I found out I was preg at 4 weeks and the first app I can get isn't until 18 November - I will be 10 weeks +. Has anyone else waited this long ? X

Congratulaions wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

I have just had mine this morning at 9 +4

I crumbled and had a private scan last week though and that has put me at 9 + 6

I am not having my 12 week scan until 16th November when i will be 13 + 3 xxx

8-10 weeks is normal, congratulations

Aw thank you I thought it was quite late but seems the norm with everyone I speak to x wat do they do at ur first one ?nthe waiting game is so hard , plus trying to keep it secret !!! Ahh lol congrats to you aswell xxxx

She will take your details, medical history, family history of any illness etc, possibly bp, weight and test urine, maybe do your bloods and book your scan- it does vary place to place!

My appointment was over an hour long

Weight, height, bloods, urine sample, blood pressure
Then life long history of family, Husband
Previous births what you want from this one
Booked the 12 week scan
Sorted Vitamins out
discussed downsyndrome screening
Flu and whooping cough vaccines

My head is currently all over the place with the information given, I hope that helps a little xxx

My first app was 8 weeks..booking in app was 11 +2 and npw scan isnt until 14 +3 !!

Scan booked already x we do it by midwife booking office - as we dnt have to go to docs anymore so no contact with Anyone until 10 weeks x scan is at 13 weeks too turner x thanks ladies - can u tell I'm a first timer LOL . Was considering getting early scan too - would u recommend going ? X

Oh I absolutely would recemmend it, it has put our mind at ease.

It is such a long time to wait, £40 is a small price to pay for a bit of sanity if your a worrier like myself xxx

Im a major worrier x I think we will book in for the 8 week mark - this first trimester is a constant worry as obviously this is the danger zone - anxious is not the word xx

I'm 6+4, no way I could wait until the 12-13 scan! I've booked a private scan in next week when I'm 7+5. I'll definitely relax more when I see a little heart beating.
Just booked my booking in appointment with the midwife, I'll be 9+3 so still nearly 3 wks away! I hate how much time drags on 1st tri!!

Ive got my first midwife appointment at 7 weeks and if i wasnt been sent for an early scan anyway i would definately get a private one, they do them by me for £35

Hey I also found out early before my period was due, but my scan isnt till 13 weeks and booking appointment a week later! Said its due to how busy they are, wasnt this late with my first, I actually got so anxious I paid for a private scan £70 but it's such a relief! Got a week left until my scan with the hospital, im just hoping this doesnt mean terrible care like with my first, was constantly brushed off or rushed :( best of luck xx

I am definitely going to book a private scan . It's only 39 pound in Glasgow - not that cost matters , I just want to know everything ok . Earliest can book in for one is 8 weeks tho so still a few more weeks to wait x wait is the key word in tnis trimester . Xxx

I'm 5 weeks and have just recieved a date for mid nov when I should be about 9 weeks.
I think they send off paperwork from appt to chosen hosp and they contact you for first scan (this is what I've been told!)

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

This is also my first time pregnant and as excited as I am, I am also nervous thinking the worst. I know it's bad and I shouldnt. But part of me can't help it.

Goodluck though xxx

Good luck poppet I know exactly how u feel x I'm sure we will be ok xxx

My first midwife is at 11 weeks. I couldn't believe it. it's my 3rd baby and have never waited this long to see a midwife. Well, it's way too long to wait. And I've been to my gp and had the blood test done. No way I'm waiting that long. I'm 9+1. I've had an early scan and hopefully I'll have another one tomorrow. Praying heart beat is still there.

I'm scared to book my appointment as I've had two previous losses, I'm 5+3 today and it was this point I started bleeding last time, and when a mc was confirmed over two weeks later I had to phone up and explain why I didn't need my appointment anymore which I found tough. I feel like I'll jinx things this time if I book another appointment, stupid as it sounds.
I need to do it soon though really, as when I had my DD 2 years ago the booking appointments were made for 8 weeks, but the last one was when I'd be over 10 weeks, so they must be really busy. Ideally I'm hoping for an early scan which I got with DD at 9 weeks, but this was sorted out at the booking appointment so it would be too late if the appointment wasn't until after 10 weeks anyway.

I've considered booking an early scan but the nearest private ones I can find are £80 and £100 and over half an hour drive away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->