Uk- first midwife appointments

I'm scared to book my appointment as I've had two previous losses, I'm 5+3 today and it was this point I started bleeding last time, and when a mc was confirmed over two weeks later I had to phone up and explain why I didn't need my appointment anymore which I found tough. I feel like I'll jinx things this time if I book another appointment, stupid as it sounds.
I need to do it soon though really, as when I had my DD 2 years ago the booking appointments were made for 8 weeks, but the last one was when I'd be over 10 weeks, so they must be really busy. Ideally I'm hoping for an early scan which I got with DD at 9 weeks, but this was sorted out at the booking appointment so it would be too late if the appointment wasn't until after 10 weeks anyway.

I've considered booking an early scan but the nearest private ones I can find are £80 and £100 and over half an hour drive away.

Sounds like where from the same part of the UK :(

im in west midlands and its standard to have your first midwife appointment at 10weeks xx

Seems to be a common worry . Times like this i wish I had private healthcare to get everything done straight away x NHS are great but there are just too many of us preggy woman out there xx

My booking appointment is on Wednesday at 8 weeks exactly.

10 weeks seems so late to schedule it for, when it's based on our estimate of dates and LMP etc, as I know from charting that my dates are always way off LMP, and it's pushing it a bit to get people in in time for NT scans etc that have to be done at a specific time if the dates end up being way off.

Mine was around 9-10 weeks as well, then booked my scan for 12 weeks and had to come back again as I was only actually 9 weeks along. Then had my 16 week appointment when I was only 13 weeks but the midwife wasn't bothered that I was only 13 weeks. She didn't bother trying to find the heart beat as she said it was impossible ( Even though Id already found it on my home doppler).
Now I don't get to see my midwife till 28 weeks!. That's because its my third.. which I still find unsettling.

My first was at 9 weeks, last pregnancy it was booked for 11 weeks apparently they were really behind. i hope I'm not waiting too long this time.

My 1st was around 8 weeks. My 2nd I ended up not organising it till around 12 weeks, mainly due to moving house and changing surgeries. It was a bit late tbh, because they only just managed to book me in for the Nt scan in time. My 3rd was an early booking in app at 6 weeks due to all the complications I had with my last pregnancy.

i booked mine for thursday 7+3 i'll be, then dont expect to see mw agian till second tri just the NT scan around 12 weeks. the UK midwife led care model is fab but the nhs budget doesnt stretch to loads of box ticking appointments for the sake of it, if you have worries though do phone your mw

My booking appointment this time is at approximately 11 weeks with my dating scan the following week. With my 2nd the gp surgery botched the referral so I wound up having to sort everything myself and didn't even have my notes at my scan at 12 weeks exactly! Booking appointment didn't end up being until around 14 weeks! 1st time round my dates were so far out that whilst booking appointment and scan would have been at 12-13 weeks based on lmp I was actually only around 6 weeks!
Beca

My booking in appointment was at 9 weeks first time and 10 weeks this time. I had a private scan both times, first time at 9 weeks and second time at 7 weeks. I wish I'd waited longer than 7 weeks this time as I found the scan very reassuring but then started worrying again a few days later. It was then a long wait till the 12 week scan. The private scan was £100 in London where I live so having more than one wasn't really considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->