Uk girls

JessicaaJadex

Reaction score
When you first found out you were pregnant, who did you book an appointment with? I remember the last time I was pregnant I booked to see my GP which was totally pointless, and she was no help whatsoever! I have a GP appointment next week when I will be 10+1 weeks, and think maybe its a waste of time?

Help!

I made an appointment with the gp who referred me to the midwife, I don't know if you can make a midwife appointment directly...

I have to make an appointment with the GP and they refer to the hospital, every time.

Thank you! My GP must just be useless because they never bothered to refer me to the midwife last time before my MC. I'll have to bring it up in conversation next week!

I went to the gp. Both times all they did was put it in their system and told me to make a mw appointment :L

I went to the GP with Jason and she did all the business with the midwives, this time I told her at LO's appointment lol but she said I could just ring them though she'd still refer me, might be because we're a very small place and I was not long ago there too though, but speak to the GP :flower:

I rang my doctors office and the receptionist gave me the number for the midwife offices upstairs from my doctors surgery, so I rang them directly & the midwife booked me in straight away for when ill be 6 weeks plus 3 days xx

The doctor told me to make an appointment with the midwife myself, when I was around 8-10 weeks.

When I first found out I rang the gp who prescribed me folic acid over the phone and then asked me to come in 2 or 3 days later, we checked how far long I should be from my lmp, chatted about where I would like to give birth and then she made me the referral to see the midwife and an appointment for my dating scan, I was almost 10 weeks when I saw my midwife for booking appointment :)

The first time i had to get a booking in form from the doctors for the midwife, but this time round i rung to see the doctor because a few weeks previous i was told i had PCOS so i didnt believe the pregnancy.. so i went to the gp he confirmed the pregnancy and then referred me to the midwife :)

:flow:

Well I went to the doctor the day I found out because I panicked, he told me to go back to him once I'd decided what I was going to do regarding the pregnancy so the week after when I'd told people, I went back, I saw a different doctor but he put it all in the system and referred me to the antenatal clinic. I'd just ask the question - whether they do it or you have to do it yourself. I reckon it's pretty bad all you girlies who have had to do it yourselves! What's the point in going to the doctors, like the NHS website tells you to, if your doctor is beyond useless?!

I called my doctors to make an appointment and they said they dont actually give you appointments to see the doctor anymore!

I had to fill in a form for the midwife and she will call me some time this week :thumbup:

Hi I rang my doctors at around 7 weeks & didnt get seen til 9. I am now 11.5 & still waiting for my midwife appointment. If i was you i'd go to the appointment, it shouldnt take long & they will refer you for midwife, however long it takes! Xx

Mine was a waste of time 1st pregnancy and was an even bigger waste of time this pregnancy lol. Can you make midwife appointment directly? If you can id just do that because the doctor doesn't really do anything :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->