UK holidays - how do you manage your spending money

We take £100 a day literally because I point blank refuse to cook on holiday :haha:......

We're going to butlins in November for Isabelle's 4th birthday it's a just for tots weekend a lot will be included in the price including all our food... We're going Monday to Friday I'm still aiming for £100 a day but if we take any home with us then bonus :thumbup:

I like to know I'm not going to have to watch the money and keep saying no all the time. Whatever comes home with me then goes into the Christmas fund

Don't forget about parking... In touristy areas the parking can be very expensive. Just so u can factor it in =)

I'm taking around £300 for a week away next month. It's to Butlins so most of the entertainment is paid for and we don't have to worry about breakfast/dinner either. I'm renting a mini fridge for £27 to buy stuff for lunch that I can keep in the chalet. Last time we went (Summer 2013) we only spent £180 for the whole week so I'm confident £300 will be enough this year.

I'd budget £100 a day ish and whatevers not spent is a bonus :)

We are going on hol in 3 weeks to a cottage in the UK yay :) and we are taking £350 with us... but Dh will fill the car up with diesel before we go. We have got £80 worth of tesco vouchers for meals out. We will take food with us for breakfasts and get a welcome back with tea and coffee etc, my parents are going so they will also bring stuff like kitchen rolls and toilet rolls, washing up stuff with them. We will try and make it as cheap as we can and take picnics for lunch. If we do overspend it will come out of our accounts. We wont take that much cash with us we will draw some out before we go and mid way and split the cash between us :)

Hope you have a great holiday hun

xxxx

Were at Haven atm. I expected there to be a lot more to do here than there actually is. That being said, weve had a lovely time and still have money left over and we leave tomorrow. We dont budget, we just save as much as we can because I dont like to watch the pennies on holiday. There isnt really anywhere to eat out here either so thats saved us money as weve had teas in - cooked and take away. Im not one for cooking on holiday but this is our first uk holiday. We had bbq lol so minimum washing up!

Hope you have a lovely time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"