UK ladies: GP

We had to see the GP first as well. Total waste of time.
"Congratulations! Take folic acid and hand a urine sample in at reception, bye!" 😧

Oh and I went at about 6 weeks.

didnt go to the gp with either of my pregnancies, called the midwife directly at our local children's centre

I self referred to the midwife at 8 weeks, I was told that the gp wouldn't need to see me.

I self referred to the midwife at 8 weeks, I was told that the gp wouldn't need to see me.

This is what I tried to do but they said no, GP first.

Different areas and different surgeries just work differently I guess!

This is what I tried to do but they said no, GP first.

Different areas and different surgeries just work differently I guess!

I think it's crazy (unless there's a medical reason in your pregnancy to be seen - like medicine and existing conditions), they keep saying there aren't enough GP appointments and that people shouldn't take them lightly but then they make people go in just to say they're pregnant!

With my first I rang GP (being totally new to it and all that), he just said congratulations and made a referral to midwife to contact me. This time around I just went straight to reception and made my booking appointment directly with receptionist, she was really helpful and showed me all available appointments (she must have been in a good mood ha). So as I am a teacher I booked in during Easter hols - I'll be 10 weeks xx

At our surgery we don't physically have to see the GP. We do have to provide a urine sample for pregnancy testing.

Once it comes back positive the receptionist takes your details passes it on to the midwife.

Mine called me about a week later & I had my booking in appointment at 6 weeks.

I just phoned gp at 4 weeks and she said I needed an appointment with the midwife for when I was 8 weeks, she said it was a good job I phoned early as the earliest appointment available was when I was around 8 weeks. x

I have to go down to the practice and fill in a form. I will then hear from the midwife.

I'm really lucky in that my Dr's surgery has a midwife, which doesn't happen very much where I live. I just phoned my surgery and made an appointment with the midwife. This is my 4th pregnancy (one son and two mmcs) and I've never seen my gp in any of them

I think I might call docs tomorrow and get my name out down for mw to call me. She'll call and we'lol arrange a booking in appt for 7ish weeks I think xx

I didn't need to see the GP but I had to give a urine sample which needed to be sent off and until that came back they wouldn't give out the midwife phone number!

Once it came back positive I booked with the midwife and she said that she likes to see her ladies at 8 weeks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->