UK ladies, when did you get your 12 week scan through?

Laura27

Reaction score
As it says in the title really!! I'm wondering if the 12 week scan is always at 12 weeks or whether it's flexible? I'm currently 9+4 and had my booking appointment a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering when you ladies received a letter about your scan? I'm itching to get this news out now, the 1st tri is dragging!!! :dohh:

My hospital put mine through so it's on the 26th Jan but usually it's after your booking in appointment with the MW she will put it in at the hospital and you'll get a letter sent out to you. Though I'm not sure if each county is different lol

:flow:

I got my letter at about 9 weeks. My booking in appointment was at 7.5 weeks. My scan is in Sunday.....eeek!

First pregnancy I got the letter through when I was 13 weeks for 13 weeks 6 days. This pregnancy I got a letter through at 9 weeks for scan at 12 weeks but don't have booking in appointment until I'm 10/11 weeks x

I had my booking appointment really early at 5weeks, then got my scan date through around 8weeks for 12+4 but at my scan measured 13weeks. Think it can be done between 11-14 weeks.

I got my letter through at 7 weeks after seeing doctor for a scan on 21st jan at 12+6 x

Thanks for your replies! Hopefully the letter will come through soon!!

can be anytime from 11-13 weeks, will always be booked in after you've seen the midwife around 8 weeks, the midwife will inform the hospital and then they'll book you in. they don't tend to rush though so you may get a letter about just under a week before hand - not much notice! x

I got my scan appointment through like 3 days after making my booking appointment, and it's for either 12+3 or 11+6 depending on whether you go by my timings or the midwives.

Good luck ladies at dating scan, I can't wait for it. Makes it feel more real

They gave me a date the same time as they gave my booking date, my booking is 9week and my scan 12.

I had to make the appointment when I was at my booking in, I was 10+1 then and my scan is on Monday at 13+1 x

Received my booking in appointment and scan date today. Booking in on 17th jan and scan 19th feb... :)

I just had my midwife appt today (super early she has put me at 6 weeks tomorrow) and booked my scan for 9 plus weeks on 27/01/2015 then will rebook (if all is well) at 12 weeks she also mentioned I'd probs have more scans with this baby as I'm under consultant care again and with my DS I had a liver condition so regular bloods and scans will more thank likely be put into place she said, will see much at 8/9weeks ? She thinks I'll be just over 9 but I think I'll be more 8 weeks xx

Hi ladies. Just been reading previous posts. I am 8 weeks today and just got a booking appointment for 10 weeks. Is it normal to get scan date before you have booking app? There was no mention of when my scan will be. Or does this get arranged at booking appointment? Thanks in advance

I was supposed to get a consultant appointment after my booking appointment and still haven't received it (although they were super quick getting me my 12 week scan appointment) so I'm suspecting there may be issues booking appointments quickly around the holidays. I'm sure next week things will start moving again and we'll all get our eagerly anticipated appointments through! :thumbup:

Mrsjones - yes Hun you get all the details at your booking in appt midwife will ring them and arranged a date and team. Pgfiary I bet it's cuz of the holidays and there probs a little back logged hopefully you'll get your confirmation letter early next week :) xx

Sorry regarding spellings I seriously hate my new phone grrrrrr !!!! Xx lol

I had my booking in appointment on Christmas eve, where I was told I could be as far along as 16 weeks:wacko: (going by my LMP) ! I got my scan letter on 31st and my scan is not until 2nd of February.:shrug:

P.s my LMP was 1st September but I don't think I ovulated until the 28th October so I'm hoping I'm only 9ish weeks!:blush:

Wow Hun I'm really suprised they didn't give you one this month especially as you could be 16 weeks gone, my friend didn't find out till she was 15weeks gone as all her pregnancy tests was neg, good luck Hun if you are 16 weeks then only another month till you find out the sex exciting ooooooo x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->