UK - stress at work, do we have any rights?

emsie_123

Reaction score
After a really stressful day at work, I feel like I want to cry and I’m not a crying person! :cry:

I spent about 2 hours in a really stressful situation (working with difficult teenagers) and I could feel baby kicking lots. I also felt this "pinch" feeling I haven’t felt for months...

Id like to ask if you have any rights when you’re pregnant to reduce your work load at all at work? I know I am entitled to a risk assessment which I did about 10 weeks ago but do I have any more rights regarding work load?

I like to work and I really love my job but bloody hell, sometimes it just feel like too much and I could really use cutting it down slightly, not the opposite.

you can talk to your GP and they can write a letter ( if they are nice ) sugesting that you get more breaks or get signed off for a bit but thats about it, you can of course though talk to your manager about the situation and explain you dont want to go off sick because of stress but its affecting you alot

I would suggest that you ask for your risk assessment to be updated to take into account your advancing pregnancy as clearly things would've all felt easier 10 weeks ago.

Hope it improves :hugs:

I really feel for you I work with disabled young adults and some days are very tiring I've cut back a little but cant afford to cut back anymore, though my duties have been reduced. good luck talking through your risk assessment I hope they improve things. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->