UK Visas

Does he have the study book? It unlocks all these online tests :)

I think so, he ordered a test book & cd rom from Amazon but he has not started doing it yet!

It's so easy, really. Some of the population and government questions can be tricky, but most of the stuff is common sense.

Good luck!!

I never really thought about this whole issue. I was extremely surprised how easy it was to move to the UK from the Netherlands. I needed nothing at all, just register with the council and apply for a National Insurance number. The only things I have to put effort into is renewing my passport/Driver's License as they're not English.

Can I ask how much you pay for Visas? Please don't answer if you're uncomfortable talking about it, but I have no idea!

I think as long as people go to any country and provide for themselves (or have someone provide for them), get a job and pay taxes, surely there's not much more they should have to do (hell, that's a lot more than a lot of British people I've come across claiming benefits left and right for ailments they don't even have).

My Indefinate Leave to Remain visa will be about £900. The fiancee visa was approx £500 and the spousal visa was near £1000. It costs £50 to take the Life in the UK test.

Wow!!! That's a hug amount having to pay.

I'm always so upset by the unfairness of the world. People coming for other countries having to put in so much effort and money just to be able to pay tax and contribute to the economy. And then there's so many deadbeats around just claiming stuff just because they can't be bothered. But just because they're British (or whichever nationality/country we're on about) makes it okay?

Nonsense.

I just booked by Life in the UK test for 19 January. Fingers crossed that I pass, because my appointment to hand in my ILR application is 23 January!

Yikes! My visa is due for renewal on March 17th. We're doing it by mail because in person it costs so much more! Mine is the 14th. I'll try and update afterwards :)

No I don't agree with people having to pay for enormous visa costs to stay in the country, mostly because the cost goes directly to central government rather than being spent by local communities (which I could understand more) therefore as more immigration happened in a certain area the area would become more affluent and there would be more opportunities for those immigrants.

As for the secluar nonsense, let's put a stop to it once and for all shall we;

Britain went round the world messing up other systems of government and causing trouble, for years. We still do it, except then we called it 'the crusades' and now we call it 'freedom fighting' (because that's not an oxymoron!)

If we want to be a secular country, it's high time we started acting like it. Separating a country off like we did Pakistan and then complaining when people move here is absurd and naive of the situation.

Do you know what the Polish went through so 'we' could win the second world war?

For every bomb we drop, we could build and fund 10 schools for 10 years. How mad is that...

Benefits don't even come into, they are a drop in a massively corrupt ocean and as I said, we have no leg to stand on when it comes to being secular ;)

Thank goodness for multi-culturalism I say! Breed out some of this nationalist bollocks...

(not that I am saying anyone here has nationalist bollocks... Just generally you see)

goodluck to both you ladies taking your test.
2012 is my magic year and I will be applying for my ILR this yr (have been here 5 years next week but came over on a diff visa for 11 months before I switched over!)
how far in advance can you take the life in the UK test, already have the book but would like to get the test out of the way as its 50 quid, wanna spread cost as much as I can!

You can take it whenever you want within the two years. I'm applying in person for ILR at the end of Feb. There are supposed to be some major changes coming with ILR in April so keep up with the news.

Just did a bit of research and it says its good forever, signing up to the site now to book a test, better to get it out of the way as soon as I can!

Yeah, mine is this Saturday! :wacko: Eeeeeep! DH has been quizzing me.

You can take it whenever you want within the two years. I'm applying in person for ILR at the end of Feb. There are supposed to be some major changes coming with ILR in April so keep up with the news.

eeekk hope its not a huge price increase! I have just paid of a credit card to keep clear to pay for the ILR visa

Yeah, we're paying the extra to get the decision in person so we can to go California in June. Alex has never met any of my family :cry:

just booked mine for the 28 of Jan at 11am! better get studying

Yeah, we're paying the extra to get the decision in person so we can to go California in June. Alex has never met any of my family :cry:

how long does the decision take? I have accepted that I won't be able to go see my family for Christmas next year as my visa is up to be renewed at the end of November. My biggest fear in life is that I will not be able to afford a trip home after I have children and they will not know my family. My boyfriend is not interested in moving to Canada :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->