UK Visas

One good read-through of the handbook was more than sufficient. Best of luck!

Yup, I sent mary notes I had taken while reading the book. Totally helped get the facts in my head.

Woooooo! Did you go in person? What documents did you bring? :flower:

Thanks, ladies. I did go to the Croydon office in person. It cost an arm and a leg, and took forever, but it was worth it.

DH and I brought water and gas bills, bank statements from the past three months, pay stubs, our marriage certificate (which they oddly didn't want to see, even though I was applying for settlement on a spousal visa), passports, and letters addressed to us jointly.

Thanks, ladies. I did go to the Croydon office in person. It cost an arm and a leg, and took forever, but it was worth it.

DH and I brought water and gas bills, bank statements from the past three months, pay stubs, our marriage certificate (which they oddly didn't want to see, even though I was applying for settlement on a spousal visa), passports, and letters addressed to us jointly.

Thats because you are applyin via a spousal visa for ILR if you weren't married and proof wasnt provided, they wouldnt have given you the visa in the first place.

They never looked at our either...

I stiil have your list, Lellow. I'm beginning gathering this weekend :)

Good to hear, im sure you'll be fine tho...Are you going postal or premium, have you decided yet?

We're going premium. It's the only way we'll know for sure about going in June :)

I passed my test! Don't have to apply for my ILR for 10 months but I was worried the price of the test would go up again before then!

are you ladies planning to apply for British citizenship after 12 months?

Nope. We don't have the money for it and we don't plan to move back after we move back to California. I thought it was three years on ILR though?

I guess It depends on how you applied for ILR, it is 12 months for me as I will apply for my ILR through naturalisation, I'm not married to a British citizen and have been here for 5 years already. It is expensive but I probably will just to get it over with, I plan to live here when I get married.

Yeah. It's a lot of money though and I don't need UK citizenship :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->