Ultrasound @ 5wk 5days

ArmyWife0527

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, I am new to the first tri boards... EDD is July 15th =) Have a question for you ladies. So I have already seen the Dr 3 times already. I had an ultrasound on friday and looking at the screen I saw 2 sacs but he only paid attention to one and didnt mention the 2nd one at all. At the time I didnt say anything just thought well if there are 2 babies he would of said something, but he also couldnt tell me much because we didnt see a heartbeat but he also said its just too early so he has me coming back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound. I don't know Im a lil freaked out cause I keep having dreams I am having twins but twins do not run on my maternal side of the family just my dads and my husbands. Any ideas ladies? Trying not to stress about it... would be blessed with 2 but really only want one at a time lol =)

I'm not sure...but i think when there are two sacs then that always indicates twins. Sometimes sadly one twin stops developing early on and is reabsorbed, sometimes without mums ever knowing, called 'vanishing twin syndrome'. You are very early so maybe he wanted to make sure both are viable before letting you know for sure, you may have been mistaken and there may only be in fact one sac, or there may well be twins and theyre both fine, its normal not to be able to detect a heartbeat yet at this stage anyway so dont stress. Hope everything goes well for you at next scan! xx

Thank you for the reply.. =) I am trying not to stress or think about it to much... Thanks again =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->