Ultrasound - Missed Twin Stories?

Yay for healthy baby and no scary complications. Glad your wondering is over but I just wanna say....ya never know....;) lol

Well I'm glad you got a scan to be able to have a definite answer. I'm disappointed for you that its just one, but at least now you know, and you don't have to worry about additional complications living in such a remote location :)

congratulations and thank you for sharing your journey with us it has been very special. At least you can tell your child that they are famous already x

Awww I'm glad you have answers. Happy about your healthy baby and sorry about the diastasis...it's the separation of stomach muscles isn't it?

Congratulations on a very healthy baby! Glad it all turned out ok in the end

Congrats mamabean1! I have a silly question, why do they label baby "A" when there's only one anyways? I've never been pregnant so I'm not sure how the scans work haha

I'm really sorry that there were some negative comments but most of us supported you either way. I wish you the best xx

I'm so happy that you have a lovely healthy baby. Been stalking this thread. I was hoping for twins for you. Currently I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy, I had a scan at 5w 4 days after cramping and bleeding showing the sac was still there with a yolk. I went back after more bleeding 2 days later at 5w 6 days. There they found an extra sac, both had yolks and fetal poles but no heartbeats. I was told I needed a d&c that day because they weren't viable! I asked if I could wait a week and that's where I am now, waiting. I'd give anything just to even have one healthy baby. You are very lucky.

congrats on your healthy baby!!!:happydance::happydance:

you had ALL the reasons in the world to think it's twins, so don't call yourself delusional! and if despite having one healthy LO in there, you still feel a bit sad it ain't two, it's also totally normal and expected (and NOT selfish!!)... you had your hunches and hopes and believes and an insane bump and symptoms to back it all up, so it may take some days for it to sink it that it's only one!

but as other posters said - at least now you know and your doubts are solved and you got to see your LO a bit earlier, with your OH by your side :)))))) :happydance:

I'm so happy that you have a lovely healthy baby. Been stalking this thread. I was hoping for twins for you. Currently I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy, I had a scan at 5w 4 days after cramping and bleeding showing the sac was still there with a yolk. I went back after more bleeding 2 days later at 5w 6 days. There they found an extra sac, both had yolks and fetal poles but no heartbeats. I was told I needed a d&c that day because they weren't viable! I asked if I could wait a week and that's where I am now, waiting. I'd give anything just to even have one healthy baby. You are very lucky.

nicole hon, it is way too early to be dismissed as a mc!! heartbeats are hard to find even at 6-7 weeks so it is really good that you insisted on waiting for a d&c! it is really really just too early to tell and your babies are probably doing just fine :hugs: also, bleeding in early pregnancy with twins is even more common than with singletons, so i really hope you'll get some great news in a few days! and before taking any further decision, make sure to consult another doctor or OB as those you have now sound a bit hm... weird!

nicole hon, it is way too early to be dismissed as a mc!! heartbeats are hard to find even at 6-7 weeks so it is really good that you insisted on waiting for a d&c! it is really really just too early to tell and your babies are probably doing just fine :hugs: also, bleeding in early pregnancy with twins is even more common than with singletons, so i really hope you'll get some great news in a few days! and before taking any further decision, make sure to consult another doctor or OB as those you have now sound a bit hm... weird!

Yes that is what we are going to do. I have another scan tomorrow at 6w+2. I'm so incredibly nervous right now. But we decided to wait until week 7 before agreeing to a d&c. We also decided to visit a different clinic for a second opinion if the news isn't good. I have heard from people on here that their doctors often tell them not to expect to see a heartbeat until like week 6 or 7 and not to be disappointed if they didn't see anything. Don't know why mine was like that. Maybe cultural difference? Who knows. Think this is the most stressful thing I've been through, and I've had a LOT of stress this past year. I think I get so worked up sometimes though by the actual day I tend to be calmer because I'm so tired of worrying, it's like I have no energy left.

Yey at least you have your answer now :) one healthy baby congrats hunni xx

I'm also glad you waited! There have been many similar stories to yours where the baby or babies turned out just fine! Bleeding is not at all uncommon - implantation or subchorionic hemmorhage, which is a very common thing and not something to get worried about. I'm hoping everything is fine for you!!

Thanks everyone! And yes it is separation of the stomach muscles. Sounds bad but it's not painful at all. It's very, very common especially in women who have given birth multiple times, and also sports-related injuries. No biggie :) But I'll be working on the little strengthening exercises that my midwife told me about. They aren't really even exercises. Easy to do. I will want my flat tummy back post partum!

And sure, I was hopeful it was twins. I feel like I'm meant to have twins at some point in my life. Maybe this just wasn't the time! I'm perfectly happy with one :)

Congratulations on the one, this time! Maybe next time ;) you were right to questions twins though! Must be be good to know for sure now though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->