Ultrasound - Missed Twin Stories?

I've been reading along this thread and kept quiet until now - now that your bashing the twin mums who are trying to offer vital advice to a women who is convinced she is having twins!

Can i just point out that mamabean1 has started 5 threads...this one... and the other 4 of which are in the twin and multiples boards asking advice on heartbeats, two heart beats and or echos, fundal heights and the initial missed twin story and posted bump pics in the twin bump thread asking if we think it's twins! (of which we have no idea either!)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/twins-triplets-multiples/2241527-echo-2-hbs.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...23-could-you-hear-2-distinct-hbs-doppler.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...2227517-point-could-you-feel-your-uterus.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-can-someone-give-me-some-insight-please.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/twins-triplets-multiples/139181-twin-bumps-314.html

so before you start bashing people for offering advice check out what is being asked elsewhere on the boards and understand the frustration the twin mums are feeling when there is the possibility she is carrying twins and could be doing more for herself 'just in case' until she finds out for sure!

shellxx hon, nobody is bashing the twin moms for offering help - it is not the intention of their post that came through as condescending and hurtful, but the way they were written.

if i am not wrong, lanet who also posted in here is a twin mom as well - and her post and her opinion didn't come through as offensive at all, moreover it was really supportive.

and as far as mamabean posting multiple threads... this is a pregnancy board. people here are all hormonal and excited and whatnot.
she did it out of curiosity - if i had a curious hunch about twins i'd probably post in both sections as well.

and mamabean definitely isn't the only mom who posted in twins section asking for opinions on scans and/or high HCG and possibility of twins... yet so far, this is the only thread where some twin moms, rather than just looking at the scan and saying "hey, i think it's just one baby in there" like they usually do with these kind of posts on their boards, came in with a very condescending tone and started listing up medical emergencies to someone who doesn't have physical access to medical care, and is getting all the care they can and they are comfortable with (at 10 weeks pregnant at time, on top of all).

this i didn't find helpful - nobody denies that twin pregnancy is more challenging than a singleton one in most of the cases.

and if someone writes that they are sorry that the OP has to read through hurtful posts - i don't see it as bashing, people are just sorry that the thread degenerated from a fun and curious first tri one to a discussion.

It would be best if people who were irritated by this thread took a step back from it. The worry from twin mummies about the number or scans/level of care the OP is receiving is understandable but the OP is receiving medical care and although she suspects twins it isn't always posisble to push for more scans/care based on suspicion. I'm sure that if the scan does show twins then the level of care will increase accordingly. I'm leaving this thread open and requesting that it be kept civilised.

I agree those who do not like mamabean's choices that is fine but noting them once is more than enough.

I begun reading this thread because it was exciting and could
easily share the experience and
suspense of finding out for sure as well as a break from other threads which were more downbeat.

The fact that mamabean asked for support is all that should count right now she and most of us are carrying our little miracles and it is a nervous time and we all I am sure have every babies' interest at heart but can we just support a mother who is blessed with her 6th possibly 7th child and just keep the vibes and messages positive

It would be best if people who were irritated by this thread took a step back from it. The worry from twin mummies about the number or scans/level of care the OP is receiving is understandable but the OP is receiving medical care and although she suspects twins it isn't always posisble to push for more scans/care based on suspicion. I'm sure that if the scan does show twins then the level of care will increase accordingly. I'm leaving this thread open and requesting that it be kept civilised.

:thumbup:

Just one day left mamabean and hopefully you'll have your answer!

I'm not irritated. But, I will bow out of the thread now. Bumping up the seemingly never-ending attention-getter what if's on this trolling thread means bumping down someone's important "help, I'm bleeding" post in first tri. Similarly, bumping up mamabean's other 5 threads on the twin page means bumping down important questions like "do I have TTTS," "I can't breathe in this pregnancy," and "help, I have a very short cervix with funneling, have you had a successful cerclage?" And I disagree with that.

So, it's back to unicorns and rainbows for me.

Best regards for an easy pregnancy and safe delivery mamabean1 x

Well that was unnecessarily harsh! We are all capable of scrolling past a thread we don't want to read!

calling people names is not nice no matter what our opinions . words hurt and as mothers or mothers to be we should not be treating each other like this we need to set examples.

*ignoring all the bickering posts*

Good luck with your appt tomorrow, mamabean! I hope you're able to get an US to see if there's a baby hiding in there!

Wow. Thanks for the supportive comments and well wishesfrom many of you :) Also, I didn't know my questions were any less important than anyone else's but HEY, I guess that's how some people are viewing my questions and concerns. Scrolling past them is always an option...

I'm excited for my appointment tomorrow and will hopefully get some answers. Will post whatever update I can!

Good luck! Either way hope baby ( or babies) are looking healthy! Interested to see your results! Exciting!

I'm not irritated. But, I will bow out of the thread now. Bumping up the seemingly never-ending attention-getter what if's on this trolling thread means bumping down someone's important "help, I'm bleeding" post in first tri. Similarly, bumping up mamabean's other 5 threads on the twin page means bumping down important questions like "do I have TTTS," "I can't breathe in this pregnancy," and "help, I have a very short cervix with funneling, have you had a successful cerclage?" And I disagree with that.

So am I reading this correctly? I'm an attention-getter posting unimportant what-if questions? Look, I've been really trying not to respond with attitude but... I take offence to that. If you don't think my questions are just as worthy as any other mama's, twins or not, then don't read them. Scroll on by to something more concrete and therefore more important. I didn't know I would be frowned upon for asking more than one question on more than one board. I posted on the multiples board because, well, that's where the experienced twin mamas are, who are more likely to have the answers or advice I'm looking for. I guess I'm not in the cool twin mommy club yet though, so it's not verified, not concrete, and until it is I get disrespected and my questions and feelings don't mean much. I'm sure there are plenty of other twin moms who had an inkling, had questions, etc. before finding out they were carrying twins. I wonder if they got the same attitude.

And no this does not mean everyone, it does not mean those who have offered advice, words of wisdom, etc. Thank you muchly for all of that. I'm only meaning the the catty and disrespectful remarks such as above. Cripes, others have stuck up for me a bunch so I figured I might as well say my piece, too. I am no less important than anyone else and my questions are real questions. My feelings are real feelings. Whether I'm right or wrong about carrying twins has no bearing on the validity of my questions.

All I'm here to do is ask questions and seek advice, and offer it (nicely) when I can. I'm pretty darn sure that's what the entire point of a pregnancy board is for.

That is all.

Hey Mamabean.
I'm an identical twin. My mum was told very early on we were twins but then at following scans she was told they were mistaken and she was just carrying the one. She only had a small bump so it was missed until just before we arrived into the world.

Whether it's one or two you're carrying I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and I'll be looking out for your updates to see if it really is twins. GL!!

Good luck for your appointment today huni, hopefully you will have some answers xxx

:shock: :nope:

Words fail me.

Good luck for your appointment today love :hugs:

Good luck today! Have been silently following your thread, but wanted to offer my support against the comments you are getting. Looking forward to your update! What a lovely bump you have!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->