Ultrasound tech saw nothing 4 weeks

Megs555

Reaction score
So went for the ultrasound today because I missed my period in January but tested negative all that month. And positive late in feb, digital test said approx 3-4 weeks preggo. Ultrasound an vaginal ultrasound couldn't see it yet, they only wanted to make sure it wasn't a pregnancy from jan. They said I have to go back in a couple weeks cause it's too early to see anything. Same thing happened to a friend of mine but I'm still a little freaked! 😞

I know it's very hard to not be freaked out, but it is still very early, especially if you just got your positive on Feb 26th (maybe there was a fluke with your period in January and digitals aren't always accurte). I think hcg has to be above 1,000 - 2,000 to see anything on an ultrasound.

Have they done any betas or are they planning to rescan in the near future?

I know it's hard to to be scared, but it just mostly likely is still too early :hugs:

I had a scan at 4+3 with lo and even though they did see a gestational sac they still wouldn't give a certainty on it and only wrote queried gestational sac on my notes.
Sure enough I went back at 5+3 and there was a gestational sac and yoke sac!
It's so early at 4 weeks and very difficult for a sonographer to be sure.

4w is to early to see anything on a scan. In week 6 only size of a grain that can be missed. Good luck

In 2-4 weeks they should be able to see something. Don't worry.

Totally normal from what I've heard :hugs:

I had a scan and they didn't see anything and told me the sac was empty however I went back two weeks later and saw the heart beating :)

i had a scan at 4+2 and saw nothing at all!
im now 24+5 and i've seen my girl a few times and shes deffo there!

xx

I had an ultrasound done for pcos and check a few things when I was 4 weeks (I didn't know I was pregnant) and they didn't see anything... Well I would assume they didn't because they didn't say anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->