• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ultrasound today & possible ECV !!

Soon2be2

Reaction score
Hey mommies ! I'm looking for stories from women who have had ECVs done.

I'm going for an ultrasound in about to hour to confirm that baby is still breech, and one of my options is to have an ECV done but I've heard such mixed reviews about them that I'm not sure what to do.

What all does it exactly entail? And are they as terrible as everyone says they are ? TIA !

Watching with interest as I'm due to have my ECV on Friday 13th! My baby is currently transverse breech.

I had an ecv at term with my girl who was franks breech. They did an ultrasound, confirmed, and in literally one movement and 15 seconds later my obgyn turned her. It was a weird pressure and I wouldn't say it hurt, it was just kind of uncomfortable. Then she was monitored for 2 hours after. I went on to be induced and gave birth vaginally as I wanted. I am a wussy for pain so that I said it didn't hurt is something--I got 2 epidurals so am not good with pain.
Baby was still not engaged in my pelvis and there was a fair amount of fluid. It was also my second so the chances of success were higher.

I should add they are more common here. They don't do a c section unless there is no other option and they can't turn the baby. My obgyn was also amazing at it.

Might be she has turned? Mine was breech all pregnancy and turned for the ultrasound at 37 weeks and i did not feel it at all!

Thankfully DS had turned at 37weeks. Id decline ECV how can you be sure where babies cord is when they do it? Good luck x

Well last week baby was confirmed head done, this morning ultrasound confirmed baby is transverse breech and her head is under my ribs on the left side. On Friday my Dr will go over my options, spoke with my OH though and it's looks like we will probably be going with the ECV.

Not entirely sure what it entails though as I've heard different things.

You can look it up on YouTube. My baby was breech at 32 weeks and I was curious about what would happen if she didn't turn, so I looked up the evc procedure on YouTube. It looks a little bit painful, but not overly so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->