Umbilical hernia repair and breastfeeding

MrsNicNac

Reaction score
Hi, first I wanted to say and massive thank you to everyone on here as I have had a really hard time breastfeeding and this forum has kept me going. I never thought I would have got to 16 weeks. However, I now have a new problem and I'm hoping for some advice. Due to pregnancy I have developed a umbilical hernia which needs surgery. Everytime I tell the hospital I'm breastfeeding they don't seem bothered and have said all will be explained at the pre-op which is 4 days before the operation. Has anyone had this operation and successfully breastfed? Have tried the rugby ball position but the LO is far too long. I can do it lying down but it's not comfortable.
If I express will I need enough for two days? And on the day of surgery will I end up in pain due to painful boobs. How painful will it be regarding lifting etc?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just gutted that I've got this far and no one at the hospital is helping me carry on breastfeeding.

I haven't had this done hun but want to wish you good luck. Express a little every day to build a supply, it will last 6 months in the freezer or 6 days in the fridge. Then whatever happens you know you have enough milk at least. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->