Ummm...can you look at my ultrasound...shadow or extra baby?!?!

geckorachel

Reaction score
Ok... freaking out here...I have looked at my 7w5d ultrasound sooo many times...I just looked and it looks like an extra baby or a shadow of baby (bigger than the other baby)...but it is on the edge of the sac wall, is it possible that this could be another one in a sac behind but showing through slightly?? I really don't understand how any of it works really :(

I have been really sick for 6 weeks (throwing up 30 times some days) I have had such a strong feeling I was having twins (run in both sides of family)...

Please have a look and tell me I am not insane?! Second one / shadow is above the word "Shadow?" on the edited photo.

Please respond...I think I am going nuts :( xxxx

https://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/geckorachel/baby.jpg

https://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/geckorachel/baby-1.jpg

Ps I have my 12 week scan on Monday so I guess I will know then, will take the scan with me to show them too... freaking out!!!xxxx

Hi Hun, didn't want to r+r, I think sonographer would have picked this up... As iv never heard if a baby appearing as a shadow? Could be wrong though... I'm no professional x

Thanks for having a look :) I really hope it is a shadow, I have serious concerns about having twins! So trust me this is not wishful thinking :) Maybe shadow is the wrong word, more like echo or something?! x

I'm crap at reading scans anyway, I'm like Rachel in friends! They showed me my baby in my 6+5 scan and I cried cuz I couldn't see it x

It could be the yolk sack; I was shown one on Will's 8 week scan xx

Thanks - I was shown the yolk sac though :( its the small circle by the baby's head in the sac, thing I mean is on the edge of the wall and looks bigger than a baby and looks like it is sitting down almost meditating? :( x

Do you mean the bit thats jutting out above the letter "o" in shadow with a little black circle in it?

No, its HUGE! I will upload an edited photo to point to what I think is where! its like magic eye I think lol! the shadow baby is bigger than the one in the sac!x

https://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/geckorachel/baby-1.jpg

its like 2 babies sitting side by side :) excuse my poor attempt at editing the photo lol! Hope it makes what I mean more clear :) I looked at the picture so many times and saw nothing! x

Oh yes I see what you mean!! Wow, Im not sure. It definately looks like another baby now that you have pointed it out although I definately wouldnt have seen it had you not labelled it. Wouldnt they have spotted it though? No wonder you are confused! x

Oh yes I see what you mean!! Wow, Im not sure. It definately looks like another baby now that you have pointed it out although I definately wouldnt have seen it had you not labelled it. Wouldnt they have spotted it though? No wonder you are confused! x

oh my god, thank you so much! I feel like my sanity has been restored! I have emailed the scan place subtly asking if shadows etc happen and if they can have another peek at the scan! Don't want to sound like a total crazy but it literally jumped out at me and I got really shakey and freaked out! I mean you don't look for a baby on the edge of the sac wall do you!?!? I did ask her repeatedly if there was only one and she said she thought so, but I couldn't shake the feeling! x

oh my god, thank you so much! I feel like my sanity has been restored! I have emailed the scan place subtly asking if shadows etc happen and if they can have another peek at the scan! Don't want to sound like a total crazy but it literally jumped out at me and I got really shakey and freaked out! I mean you don't look for a baby on the edge of the sac wall do you!?!? I did ask her repeatedly if there was only one and she said she thought so, but I couldn't shake the feeling! x

Well I can definately see it and I never see stuff like that (I struggle to spot lines on a pregnancy test!) Let me know how you get on. Im intrigued now! Hope you get the answer you want. xx

Thanks :) husband is now freaking me out, suggested that it could be a conjoined twin! Brilliant!!! I should NOT look at things!!!!! Thank you for restoring my sanity! x

Thanks :) husband is now freaking me out, suggested that it could be a conjoined twin! Brilliant!!! I should NOT look at things!!!!! Thank you for restoring my sanity! x

Lol, tell your husband to bugger off!! Thats just the type of thing my OH would say. Nothing like putting your mind at rest! xxx

Now I am totally freaking out about that :'( now I am a total freakin state :( definitely do not google conjoined twins :( heart breaking :( How am I going to wait a week for my 12 week scan?!?! x

now i am totally freaking out about that :'( now i am a total freakin state :( definitely do not google conjoined twins :( heart breaking :( how am i going to wait a week for my 12 week scan?!?! X

step away from google!!!!

hia hun this happened with one of my scans...i dont know how but it did, i was only carrying one tho :) ill try an find my pic and post it for you to see. also if you were carrying twins etc i believe the sonographer would have pointed it out to you straight away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->