Underwear For Dress Shopping...

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
What did you wear? I was just going to wear some big knickers/boxers but should I be wearing something more 'proper'?

xx

Wear whatever you feel comfy in! I'll be in control pants he he

I wore Spanx (black ones, they didn't show through) and a blue bra.

Ohh maybe I should get some pants to suck me in then lol! xx

If you're self conscious consider big underwear. I am so glad I wore Spanx not because they sucked me in but because in most shops the shop assistant helps you in to the dresses and you have to stand there in your underwear. If I hadn't worn underwear that went to my armpits the shop assistant would have a full view of all my baby stretch marks and I would have died of embarrassment.

Its not my stretchmarks I mind, its my big bum lol! But theres nothing I can do about that. I guess I should really think about what I will wear for the wedding xx

You can get Spanx that cover your legs and bum, like weird shorts. Sexy as anything :haha:

I think I know what you mean, I accidently saw someones at a christening recently, she had a short dress on and bent over.... LOL!!! xx

Oh my gosh how embarrassing for her! Then again better than tiny underwear that shows everything.

OMG I never even thought of that thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Ohh I didn't wear anything like that, I just wore a strapless bra and a normal pair of black knickers!

Both shops I went to commented that I was wearing the perfect underwear for trying the dresses on!

I was just going to wear normal knickers... since I always wear big knickers haha. Usually with a funky print on :D xx

...I wore a black bra and thong set :rofl::rofl: As you can tell, I didn't put any thought into the fact I would be stripping off in front of a stranger!! But since having a baby (and therefore used to having strangers poking around all over) I really wasn't that fussed. If they didn't like what they saw then that's their problem, not mine :lol:
Like PP said, wear what you're comfy in. If you wear something uncomfortable or something you're not used to then potentially it could taint your feelings on the dresses. As for the assistants helping, they are very professional and not in the least bit bothered by our wobbly or stretchy bits :)

What did you wear? I was just going to wear some big knickers/boxers but should I be wearing something more 'proper'?

xx

As long as your underwears not see through!!
I only quickly shaved my bikini line before going dress shopping, grabbed some see through lace knickers..which was fine as i was wearing some body slimming wear over them..
They then decided to measure me, and asked if id be wearing the slimwear on the day..completely not thinking i said "oh no!" so they asked me to take them off , okay i thought..im not too shy to stand in my knickers..looked in the mirror..and realised just how unshaved i was standing there in my see through knickers!
To make matters worse, the lady measuring me then said "you dont care what people see when youve had a baby do you"
Embaressing!

:rofl: hahahahaha that's brilliant! I only have 1 pair of see through knickers and its a thong so I think I'm safe coz I'm not wearing one of those!! I expect they will be very nice, and will probably have been a more wobbly body than mine lol! I've decided just to go with what I know because I won't be wearing shapewear on my wedding day :) xx

xx

As long as your underwears not see through!!
I only quickly shaved my bikini line before going dress shopping, grabbed some see through lace knickers..which was fine as i was wearing some body slimming wear over them..
They then decided to measure me, and asked if id be wearing the slimwear on the day..completely not thinking i said "oh no!" so they asked me to take them off , okay i thought..im not too shy to stand in my knickers..looked in the mirror..and realised just how unshaved i was standing there in my see through knickers!
To make matters worse, the lady measuring me then said "you dont care what people see when youve had a baby do you"
Embaressing!

Hahahaha oh my god! That woman would have received an accidental elbow to the face if she'd said that to me :rofl:

I agree with the elbow to the face comment :rofl:

I wore a bridal corset and some scary holding in knickers. It's what I'll be wearing on the day, and I was really happy with the nice line they gave me under my dress so it's worth wearing what you think you'll be wearing on the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->