Unexplained infertility and miscarriage

george813

after miscarriage
Reaction score
Hey everyone! This is my first post so please be nice to me :)

DH and I have been TTC for 18 months. We went to see the RE and planned on starting IVF in June. To our surprise last month we found out we were pregnant. Within 4 days of our BFP I started bleeding and found out we had miscarried at 5 weeks. We have a whole mix of emotions right now. We are obviously devastated to have miscarried but we're excited we were able to get pregnant on our own. Did anyone have a similar experience? We're praying for a quick BFP but I'm so worried that we're going to have another 18 month wait. I know my heart can't handle infertility, miscarriage, and then more infertility....

:hugs: didn't want to read and run. Hope that you guys have a speedy :bfp: on it's way again for you.
We've been able to get pregnant on our own, but with trouble... we've miscarried 3 times now. I hope the next one is a sticky :bfp: for you.
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi :hugs: So sorry to hear of your loss. There are some links between infertility (or 'subfertility' in your case...and mine) and mc. From what I gather, they're not completely sure why. I kind of figure that if your body isn't working as efficiently as it should, then that makes both things more likely. I'm currently focussing on getting more exercise, sorting my diet out (I'm dairy intolerant) and keeping check on my thyroid. I hope that, when my body is generally working better, I'll be 3rd-time-lucky with a little bean!

Good luck...I hope you get good news soon :hug:

Sorry to hear of all your troubles and your loss.

Wishing you all the best luck in having your baby dreams come true. xoxox

Hey everyone! This is my first post so please be nice to me :)

DH and I have been TTC for 18 months. We went to see the RE and planned on starting IVF in June. To our surprise last month we found out we were pregnant. Within 4 days of our BFP I started bleeding and found out we had miscarried at 5 weeks. We have a whole mix of emotions right now. We are obviously devastated to have miscarried but we're excited we were able to get pregnant on our own. Did anyone have a similar experience? We're praying for a quick BFP but I'm so worried that we're going to have another 18 month wait. I know my heart can't handle infertility, miscarriage, and then more infertility....

Hi there

Sounds like we both have very similar stories - DH and I had been ttc for 15 months before we got our BFP (15th March) and then like you I started bleeding 3 days later and miscarried at 5 weeks and I've been having a bit of a nightmare since then - went for a scan 2 weeks after getting the BFP to check if I had miscarried or not, there was no sign or any pregnancy or anything on the scan but as I only bleed for 3 days and not very heavily I had blood taken for HCG tests - 1st one came back at 190 then 48 hrs later dropped to 173 and 48 hrs after that (last Friday) dropped to 151 so am now playing a waiting game till next Friday when I'm back to the hosp for another blood test and scan to see whats going on and if my levels still haven't dropped significantly then they will consider giving me a jab of methotrexate which'll mean we'll have to wait at least 3 months before we can start ttc again!

I hope everything works out for you and you get a sticky BFP soon and that this was just a one off. Try and keep busy and not think and stress about it too much (i know easier said than done), enjoy yrselves and yr lives now and when the time is right I know that sticky BFP will come for both of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->