Unplanned home birth?

JenniferEl

Reaction score
So, in short, I have precipitate labours.

I had my first child in July 2012, lasted 55 mins, almost arrived in the loo.

My second was February just gone.

Saw midwife at 3.40pm, she said I hadn't even started dilating so would most likely be induced!

Started having 'braxton hicks' pains at 5.15pm, at 5.30pm I rang my partner and mum to HURRY home to take me the hospital as they started getting painful.

Me and my 2 and a half year old son were watching Cars 2 in my bedroom, and at 6pm I went into his bedroom to ring my partner to see if he was nearly home.

Unfortunately, this was the point where my waters decided to go.
Obviously, I panicked! I was on the phone to my partner and screamed! So my son came running in and dived onto his soaking wet and covered in blood bed.

I hung up and called 999, before they even transferred my call my baby had already arrived! My poor 2 year old clung to me absolutely terrified crying his poor little eyes out.

I then had to make my tired and in shock self down the stairs with a newborn, a shaken up toddler and the placenta still attached and inside so I could let the paramedics in!!

My partner arrived home 10 minutes later, shocked to what he came home to! My mum then arrived to take me to the hospital!! Shame she was 15 mins too late..

I also had STEP B with my first child and wasn't tested for it again so the midwives told me to keep an eye on him for the next few days so make sure he was alright..

I was shaking, pretty violently for the next 2 hours. My 2 year old was showing off to all the paramedics telling them what had just happened.

My 2 year old still remembers and likes to tell the story of 'how his baby brother came out' and points to my 'BITS', very embarrassing!

But I now have two healthy, lovely and perfect in every way little boys.
My 2 year old is EXTREMELY close to his little brother and is always wanting to make sure he is ok.

I didn't plan a home birth, just incase something went wrong. I wanted to have him in hospital where I knew things could get seen to straight away if needed.

But I wouldn't change what happened and it was an absolutely fantastic experience! I just feel sorry for my poor, still traumatized little boy!
Fingers crossed he will forget!

I hope all your home births go well!
Try not to worry about things not going quite as expected.
The paramedics and midwife all turned up in MINUTES after I rang 999.

GOOD LUCK :D X

Oh my goodness!!! Congrats!! That's an amazing story, your little boy will have a great story to tell! :haha:

I would have been a disaster, good on you for making all the right calls! xo

Amazing birth stories. Your little boys were obviously in a hurry to meet their mummy.

That's one of the reasons I'm going for a home birth this time. I dilated quickly with DS and I'd rather have a planned home birth than an unplanned one or giving birth in a taxi at the side of the road.

Awesome story to tell! I bet your boys will remain close. :) My daughter saw her little brother be born at home and is really close to him and checks on him all the time as well! Will you be planning a home birth next time if you have a third?

I will definitely be planning a home birth next time! I will have everything ready for the big event weeks, maybe even months in advance!!

Aw how lovely that they are close :). My baby loves being talked or sang to by his big brother, he gets more smiles out of him than i do haha!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"