Unsolicited belly touching

Skywalker

Reaction score
I thought this wouldn't be a problem until I was further along. I told the landlord I'm pregnant today and she touched my belly without asking and said, "Oh, you wouldn't be able to miss it! I'd know even if you didn't tell me by that belly!" Lol, kind of awkward. This was one of my (albeit lesser) fears about becoming pregnant - strangers just reaching out to touch my belly. It wasn't as awkward as I expected it to be (and she wasn't exactly a stranger) but anyone else have the same worry/uncomfortableness with being touched on the belly?

I effing hate it. I'm massive on personal space, people too close give me massive anxiety - luckily I have resting bitch face, so most people just assume it's not a good idea to get too close ;p. I don't know what i'd do if actually faced with it in public though, never happened with DD - I heard a story about a woman who had her belly touched at the shops, so the just reached out and touched the lady's boob, and made a comment on personal space - wish I had the balls to do that! :p

I effing hate it. I'm massive on personal space, people too close give me massive anxiety - luckily I have resting bitch face, so most people just assume it's not a good idea to get too close ;p. I don't know what i'd do if actually faced with it in public though, never happened with DD - I heard a story about a woman who had her belly touched at the shops, so the just reached out and touched the lady's boob, and made a comment on personal space - wish I had the balls to do that! :p

Lol! That's hilarious. I think mostly it's just that people get excited and curious to see what a pregnant woman's belly feels like and it totally overcomes them, and they don't mean harm, but being on the receiving end of it, it's AWKWARD. I don't think it's okay. I think I'm going to make a whole line of t-shirts for pregnancy, one that says, "I'm not fat, I'm PREGNANT!" and another that says, right across the belly, "Touching: BY PERMISSION ONLY!" Lol

Yeah I don't mind if I ASK people if they'd like to touch, but strangers - no thanks! I think they already have those shirts about touching the bump - swear I've seen them somewhere!

I was paranoid about it, but I haven't really had a problem with it. I always said if some strange lady came up and touched me, I'll start stroking her face since she obviously doesn't have any boundaries.

Even my friends ask to touch, so that's nice of them.

Ugh it's so awkward. I had it happen once or twice with my first bump but the most embarrassing was when someone I had only just been introduced to KISSED my belly.

:lol: Many people have no boundaries. As a singer, people try to touch me all the time grrr.

I'm terribly guilty of touching pregnant bellies. :blush: Not strangers of course lol! But friends and family without even thinking and after I've done it I'm like omg I'm sorry I should have asked! No one ever cared cause I'm quite close to them all thank god! But would never touch a stranger.
Wait till its out there you'll be smacking hands away all the time, you can buy shirts that say something along the lines of 'don't touch the bump' I think they are good.

Ugh the worst is when people realise they have freezing hand and come up and touch your belly and say "does this wake baby up"

Makes me feel like creeping into their house while they sleep throwing a bucket of ice on them and saying " did that wake you up " :haha:

My MIL is the worst for this - although doesn't know yet so been spared it so far. I took to carrying a large bag around last time especially when seeing the in laws so I could keep my bag over my bump. I'm probably over sensitive to it but really hate anyone touching the bump - largely as I've always been overweight and is a part of my body I have always tried to minimise and it just feels like people touching my fat tummy!

someone did this to me yesterday on the school run, just randomly walked up to me n started rubbing my belly saying awww arent you getting big... i had to make excuses that i was running late, before i took her hand off her arm lol xx

I've heard of this on here, but in two pregnancies I've never had a single person touch my stomach. Not even family or friends! It would definitely annoy me though!

I love it! Everything about it :) I also can't help touching other peoples! :haha:

That must be the reason I have never had a single person touch me - I also have a bitchy resting face! :rofl:

I think im going to tell people they can, but its going to cost them $2.00 per touch... :rofl:

random strangers out of nowhere would bother me

friends or friends of friends wouldn't as long as they are gentle... no trying to poke my babies eye out thank you

but me and my friends are all very touchy feely anyway so virtually nothings off limits

Am afraid I'm guilty of the touch back.a work colleague (whom I don't know/big company)came over an put her hand on my belly then said "awe,getting bigger." So I put my hand on her tummy at the same time and rubbed it.when she looked up confused and asked what I was doing.i just looked at her and said"oh I'm sorry,is this inappropriate?" She promptly removed her hand and walked off red faced....guaranteed she won't do that again without permission. Even close friends ask me first if they could rub the bump!

It never actually bothered me. Especially with twins, people wanted to touch. It was kind of nice as I loved showing off my bump lol. My mom did kiss my belly a few times before I told her to cut it out because it was weird.

Anyone who tries to touch the belly is getting karate chopped! I don't like having my personal space invaded and I'm a bigger girl. My tummy is my problem area so there will be no touching. Maybe, only maybe, I might let close friend or family when I get a lot bigger.

I've had family and friends who know I'm expecting rub my belly already. I'm not showing, bit I've got a belly anyway. I feel like they are showing the baby affection, and I love that. My OH rubbs belly and kisses it, and I get all tears and heart glittery, because he's showing baby affection as well. As for strangers...if a little old lady comes up, not gonna mind to much. A teenage boy or something like that. Likely gonna get an earfull about personal space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->