Unsure about if it's the right time

Mrs_Bump

Daniel's mum
Reaction score
I have a 19 month old son whom I love to pieces and me and Dh have always talked about aiming for roughly a 2 &1/2 year age gap, and as such we agreed to start ttc in December. Originally I struggled to wait that long but now I'm wondering if we should wait longer. Mainly this is because I'm so tired all the time. I work 37 hours a week (in 4 days) and then look after my son and attempt to do some housework in the other 3. I'm constantly exhausted and stressed out. I also need to loose weight. My son is lovely but very hyper and hard work. He's a mummy aholic and follows me everywhere. My house is a mess. I also won't qualify for occupational maternity pay unless I work a few months more before I get pregnant. But despite all the reasons not too part of me thinks we should stick to December to start. It's so hard to know what to do for the best.

I have always been told that there's no right time to try for a baby but that there is a wrong time, so unless December feels like its the wrong time then go for it. If and when you have a baby, you'll make it work xxx

We have a 2 year 5 month gap between dd and ds (dd was 19 months when we started ttc and fell 1st time!), and I struggled so much! I'm loving it now, and actually ds is the exact same age today as dd was when he was born - if that makes sense! We are TTC in 6 months time, but I don't think my ds is ready for another sibling! dd was way further advanced than him mentally at the very same age! I'm looking forward to a slightly bigger age gap this time though!

You have to do what is right! We were gonna ttc in January btu I didn't feel that was right for us, so put it back by 4 months. There's a strong possibility I might put it off again a bit longer if it still doesn't feel right!

There is no such thing as the right time to have a baby. You're just never truly ready.
I would advice a 2-3 year gap between your kids. This gives your body time to recover from your first baby as well and having your first baby already potty trained. Your baby can help you do simple stuff like hand you a wipe. Like that it won't feel as if you have 2 babies. You would have a baby and a helpful toddler :flower:

As above, no right time but there is more suitable times than others! I would personally wait a little till you think yes now would be a better time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->