Unsure as to what to do...

B

babystar

Ok... so I know I am past the 12 wk mark now which I am grateful for... Soooo grateful....

However I had a scan at 9+1 and was then told that I wouldnot get any more scans till June 4th! Thats a very very long way away....

It didnt seem to bother me with my previous 2 pregnancies.. and I just got on with things looking forward to the next scan etc.

But with this pregnancy I am feelin so super nervous... I think its cos I didnt have a forum like this to come on (I didnt even have internnet access then) and I didnt know about the ins and outs of pregnancies etc (sounds silly to say after having 2 babies etc but it's true.)

I never knew about all the complications etc etc etc. And I suppose sometimes reading up on some posts in here make me nervous too. There is soooo much that can happen in there! It makes me nervous!

So with the last scan being over 3 wks passed, and the next scan not for another7 wks or something I am so nervous that somethings not right. I know we all get like that sometimes and I am the 1st person to tell ppl who post things like this to chill etc. :rofl: But I have had horrid dreams the last couple of wks that somethin has gone terrible wrong. And its every night. Not just once in a while.

Now. OH has said to me previously if I am that worried etc then I can book in for a private scan if I can get the money from somewhere...to put my mind at ease. I have looked it up and theres a place near here that does 2d scans for £65. I COULD access the money... would just mean we would be a bit short luxuries wise (ie a day out for us and the kids one weekend this month etc). Is it being selfish of me to use that money?? Or should I just wait till the next scan and relax? I have said no to him 3 times now as I feel I couldnt spend the money on it as I am probably being very silly and little gummi bear will be ok more than likely.

I dunno what to do :(

Hello! I had a scan at 9+6 and my next one isnt untill 20 weeks..so i have to wait a long time for my next one and am in the same situation as you..really dont know what to do. Im thinking i'll just wait til my next scan though, as everything is likely to be ok and i would prob be annoyed that i wasted the money after if i had a private scan! xx

I don't think it would be selfish of you hun, if it helps you chill out a bit, then it can only be good - for you all!

However have you though about buying a doppler? Mine was £25.00 for an Angelsounds one on eBay, and I think its been my best buy as it really has been reassuring between scans.

xxxxxxxxxxx

funnyface....Yes I am thinking the same thing! But then I would feel terrible of god forbid something was wrong. I dunno :( Thanks for the reply tho

I don't think it would be selfish of you hun, if it helps you chill out a bit, then it can only be good - for you all!

However have you though about buying a doppler? Mine was £25.00 for an Angelsounds one on eBay, and I think its been my best buy as it really has been reassuring between scans.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I have one lol. I have tried it twice and cant get anything out of it... which doesnt bother me as I do know that its very hard at this stage to hear anything. Its best to try in a couple of wks time. Stil there are women on here that have the angelsounds one like me and have heard it at 11 wks lol. I am not gonna stress about not hearin it on my doppler yet tho :) I am gona wait a couple more wks and try again:) Thanks xxx

I kinda know how you feel hun, im the same although ive got my scan tomorrow cant help but feel anxious.

If having a private scan is important to you and would put your mind at ease then go for it.

Totally get what you mean about too much information. I start using a forum until near the end of my last pregnancy and was ignorant to the fact that so much can go wrong!! Makes you worry a hell of alot more!!

Babystar I didnt use mine until 15weeks, because I didn't NOT want to find it.
Just use it slowly, and low down at your pubic bone, and try better headphones, and dont be afraid to use a little pressure. Those are my tips! xxxxx

If your really worried then spend the money and put your mind at rest, maybe book one for halfway between now and your next scan to give yourself something to look forward to. it may be a trip out gone, but would it be much of a trip if you were worrying like mad anyway.

:hugs: Hun you know im here if you want to rant away! :hug:
I know what you are saying about your scan but if you are that worried got see you mw and demand one this is what we pay for huni, i dont think its right you have to wait so long did you have any problems at all with your dd's? you could use that if you did and say you are scared. Who is private scan with? becuase i know if you book online you only pay the deposit and pay the rest on the day so say you booked it around 16wks gives you time to save the rest and then you wouldnt really have to go without xxx

i dont think it would be selfish at all, it would put your mind at rest and help you enjoy your time with your family until your next scan xx

Thanks girls :) Bumpn3gals..no I had no probs with my other kids so I wouldnt b able to use that as a reason for another scan. The scan is with a place in perth...I am gonna think about it more I think before I decide what I am doing.... Just a quick quesiton tho.... where would I get the gel for the doppler? I got my doppler from Ebay and it can in its box etc all excellent condition...but I need to get gel and I have no idea what kinda gel to use lol! OH says just use KY! :rofl: i have nooo idea about it all!

if you are worried hun and you have the money then i say do it, it will help you put your mind at rest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->