Unusual,Uncommon or Different Boys Names

when i was pg with maley i wanted Russo for a boy (pronounced Ru-so)

I think Artos (variation on Arthur) is a nice strong sounding but unusual name that goes well with Jack. Most of the names I like are very Welsh and don't really travel particularly well when it comes to young children and schools (they're fine for us as we're not planning a move outside of Wales!!).

Possibly find names you like from novels or films you and OH, or just you or OH, like. That's the main reason I'm so dead set on Gwydion as the name of my future son- Gwydion is my favorite character in a series I read and I love the name. I'd probably go for Idris Cai should our 1st baby be a boy though as Idris has family significance for OH and he desperately wants to use it and it would be a shame if we only had 1 son and didn't use that name!!

Beca :wave:

ive picked Ellis for a boy out of my list but ive got loads that i had wrote in the back of the name book...im still hunting for something i like for a girl.

other names i liked were...

mason
reuben
logan
jamie
caleb
ethan
niven
javan
taylor
cody

xxxx

If we have a boy we'll call him Arthur which is pretty unusual nowadays, it's in honour of my hubby's dad who's called Arthur too. So we're going for Arthur George but i also adore the name Dashiell, which seems to be unusual because every time i mention it to anyone they screw their face up and look at me like i'm bonkers :mrgreen::shrug:

https://bd.lilypie.com/IJibp1.png

https://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/8/835158.png

~Bump Buddies with Jox~ :flower:

Rio Jack! That sounds cool!

My DH loves the name Hadley for a boy or a girl. It was my great grandfather's middle name. I like it..it's different and not common.

If we have a boy we'll call him Arthur which is pretty unusual nowadays, it's in honour of my hubby's dad who's called Arthur too. So we're going for Arthur George but i also adore the name Dashiell, which seems to be unusual because every time i mention it to anyone they screw their face up and look at me like i'm bonkers :mrgreen::shrug:

https://bd.lilypie.com/IJibp1.png

https://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/8/835158.png

~Bump Buddies with Jox~ :flower:

Oooooh! I like Arthur. Must admit I'm not wild on Dashiell although I do usually like French names.

Aaden/Aiden
Beau
Blake
Chase
Corey/Kory
Ellis
Felix
Finley
Finn
Flynn
Franklin
Grayson
Harris
Harrison
Harvey
Isaac
Jackson
Lachlan/Lochlan
Logan
Luca
Lucas
Maddox
Maliaki
Mason
Micah/Mika/Mikah
Milo
Nathaniel
Noah
Reuben
Riley/Ryley
River
Rivern
Ryder
Sidney
Theodore/Theo
Tristan
Xavier
Zachary/Zacharia

If im having a boy when i find out tomorrow his middle name is definatly jack just cause it was my dads dads name .. and my dad never had a boy and neither did his brother .. and it means alot to my dad and i love the name jack anyways so its good in many ways :] and i know rio as a boys name but i do know a girl called it but its shortened for something cant think what it is though but like you said everyone has there opinions i spose.. i like quite a few names i did like jackson but id spell it jaxon i think but then i can thave Jaxon Jack .. haha :| be abit silly most names on here iv added to my list anyways :] cause i forever change my mind :blush: but top names so far i like are ... Evan,Rio(but id spell it Reeo or Reo just to be different lol) liked Kenzie but im on and off with it at the minute .. i like Rory aswell.. i did like Harrison aswel but my friend is calling her lil boy that and she gives birth in 3weeks so i would never do that to her would be abit harsh .. but i dont even know if its a boy yet just have to see

Love all the comments aswell all the names are lovely i dont not like any if im honest some just arent what id call a boy but if someone else did i wouldnt dislike it if people understand :)
x

Love the name Evan, although I'm a bit biased as my LO is called Evan James!!! Just looked on the baby names list for 2008 and it was number 80, so not too popular, but not too unusual, perfect!!

Atm im liking Evan the most but i still got a while to go yet so i might find something else i like but i might even turn it around and it be Jack Evan.. instead of Evan Jack but not sure yet i love the name Jack but it is a normal name really and common so might just stick with Jack as middle name as i planned not sure lol :haha:

I really like the name Aidrian. I wouldn't have it myself as it's a friend's ex's name. I think Aidrian Jack sounds good together.

if u like Kenzie but not so sure, how about Kenzo? slightly less common :)
Reece
Jacob
Leo
Braidy
Rory
Pablo, my OH name :)
Mason
Finlay
Oliver, my bro name lol
Brody
Chase
Lyle
Tyler

My friend has called her baby boy Taryn. Her husband is welsh so its a welsh name. But I was on holiday in wales recently and found a book of Welsh baby names and guess what, Taryn wasn't even in there. Anyone else heard of this name?

Another friend of mine has called her son Ieuen . pronounced, "Yiiyan". This also is welsh but again I've not heard it before.

My friend has called her baby boy Taryn. Her husband is welsh so its a welsh name. But I was on holiday in wales recently and found a book of Welsh baby names and guess what, Taryn wasn't even in there. Anyone else heard of this name?

YES, but on an actress. My favorite actually, Taryn Manning.
(crazy beautiful, Alot like love, 8 mile, crossroads etc)

lovely name, for a girl though :/

Caleb Jack
Jared Jack
Maurice Jack
Ronnie Jack

xx

I think Chay is a very good name but then I'm biased as that's what my husband is called :D

Me and my hubby like Evan or Theo! Really LOVE luca but someone else in the family has it! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->