*Update - bad news* Two missed AF's - BFN's and negative blood test!!

UK Sarah 33

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi Ladies - AF is 34 days late so have missed two periods now - lots of BFN on HPTs, negative pregnancy test at the hospital and got my blood test results back today - surgerys receptionist told me that my blood test results said "Satisfactory" so I asked her to speak to my doctor because I thought the blood test would tell her if I was pregnant or not because maybe the HPT's weren't working on me...........the doctor then relayed a message back saying that the blood test isn't to tell me if I am pregnant or not although there were clear signs on my results to suggest that I was not pregnant........goodness knows what that means!!!.....I then had to persuade the receptionist to book me in with my doctor to find out why, when I have always experienced 27-28 day cycles, that I have suddenly missed two periods!
I had to ask my doc for pregnancy test and blood tests and now I guess I am gonna have to ask her for an ultrasound...

Anyone else ever experienced or heard of this? I had my fingers crossed that the HPT's weren't working and that I would get a positive on the blood test but my doctor seems so unsure of what she is doing.......aaaah!! Help!

NOOOOOO!!!! That's crazy :wacko: Can't you book with someone privately and request an HCG blood test with results for the same day?

Good Luck. It's not fair that you have to go through this for so long.

Sending :hug: to you,

Jolene

Thanks Jolene - I have a doctors appointment at the end of next week - I really don't know what else to do to be honest. I am concerned that my doctor maybe hasn't read the results correctly as she was so uncertain when I asked for a blood test because she told me she had never heard of a blood test to test for pregnancy but that they could do one which would show up any issues.....
I am worried that something is seriously wrong having missed two periods..........

I seriously think you should consider reporting your doctor, definately getting a second opinion. Is there only 1 doctor at your surgery? would it be possible to see someone else. She should be looking at the hcg in your blood this would give you a clear answer.

This must be driving you insane hun, where abouts do you live???

I missed three periods right around this time last year for no reason anybody could figure out. BFN on bloods and urine tests. I hate to say it but it sometimes can happen. I do feel your pain, it is so very frustrating!!!!!!!! I can't believe your doctor didn't do a HCG blood test. He/She sounds like a flaming idiot!!!!!!!!

I live in the South East - if she had said that the levels of HCG in my blood showed that I wasn't pregnant then I would accept it however she did seem so uncertain in the first place and to give me a response that the blood test was satisfactory is beyond me!
I just want AF to arrive now so that at least I know where I stand....
I am thinking that I might have PCOS now or something else that is going to affect me TTC.
I will have it out with the doctor next week and request a scan to see what's going on.......
Oooooh the frustration - I have so many works do's and parties over Christmas and now worried about drinking..................
Thanks for your comments ladies..........this forum is so great for venting your frustration!

Oh she does sound like an idiot! Find a new doc asap hun!:hugs: It may be you've just not ovulated tha first cycle and the added stress of it all may have caused you not to again. Have you considered temping, even just for one cycle just to see whats going on, its something thats easy enough to do and will be able to tell you in a short time whats going with your cycles. Then if you do happen you have a problem your already a step ahead if you need to go get some help with it all. I wouldnt be panicking just yet, if your cycles have been normal to date then it may just be your body playing silly buggers with you. Hopefully you wont have to wait too much longer for an answer hun!:hugs:

Thanks WannaB - I haven't started temping because I wanted to give it a few months TTC to with my other half without getting too stressed over it all - however, now that this has happened, like you say it probably is a good idea to start so I know where I am each cycle - can you recommend a website to visit?
Thanks for your comment hun........

Hi there! I'm new to this forum but not to TTC. We got married in August '08 and have been TTC since then, and still nothing.

I did have a similar situation to yours. My cycles were very regular every month, usually 29 days no fail. Then, all of a sudden, my cycle went wonky. I had one on April 11th - April 14th, then nothing until July 1st. That made it a 82 day cycle!

I went through soooo many HPT's (dollar store, gotta love em!) and all BFN's. Then I went to the doctor, she sent me for bloodwork to check my HCG levels, negative. She still didn't believe it, so she sent me for an ultrasound just in case, and nothing.

So after that, my cycles went back to being normal. We still haven't had our BFP! We were sent by my doc to the fertility clinic to get some testing done. After all the blood work on certain days of my cycle, etc.. it's been determined that I'm pretty much healthy as far as fertility goes. No PCOS, nothing... just I guess bad timing?? I know how frustrating it can get, I just wanted AF to come and get it over with so I could keep TTC.

I'm now on CD36 and no AF.. this is the first time I'm late since that weird cycle in July. I POAS last time on Sunday and still BFN's so I'm not sure what to think???

Sarah it just bloody sucks for you hun!:hugs: https://www.fertilityfriend.com is really simple to use and if you get stuck on anything there is always heaps of lovley ladies to help you out! If you ever need any help just drop me a line and I will be all to happy to answer anything I can for you! My dh doesnt even know when I take my temp, hes still fast asleep and I just put all the info in later on when hes not around! Hes aware that I chart but I dont go into the ins and outs with him, thats what this place is for!:haha: It doesnt take too much time out of your day, but it does give you a degree of control over whats going on, just nice to put your mind at ease and give you some better info on what the hell your body is getting up too! And as I said its a good tool incase you do find you have a little problem, its all set out for the doc and the there is no messing around.:hugs:

Thanks Mambo girl - I hope that it is just a case of my cycle going wonky and that nothing is wrong..........oooh when are you going to test again hun? Sounds promising!! Sending lots of sticky baby dust your way.

WannaB - thanks for the info! Much appreciated! xx

Just thought I would let you all know that I am definitely not pregnant.

Went for a private internal ultrasound on Saturday because I was getting so frustrated with the negative tests and was diagnosed with PCOS - my ovaries are covered in cysts - a couple quite large - they said that was why I had not had AF due to the PCOS and it's likely that I have had these cysts all my life and that it has come to light because I have put on weight and my hormones are all over the place.

Was in total shock when I was told because I have never experienced any problems with my periods - no pain, nothing - but the doctor was very positive and has prescribed me with provera to make AF arrive although nothing has happened yet and I am going to go back to my doc for some blood tests and medication etc......

So, after two months of thinking I could be pregnant - it's all over!

I just pray that with the right medication and diet I will be able to conceive.

Thanks for all of your support ladies! Throwing lots of baby dust your way.....xxxx

oh hon, I am so sorry for your news but at least now you have a definite diagnosis and can get the proper treatment to help get your BFP soon!
:hugs:

I am so sorry you have had to go through all this heartache I feel caused by yor incompetant GP!
But you now know what is going on with your body so you can start to get things on track. I dont know too much about PCOS but have had a few friends with it ttc one was told flat out by her doc she would never concieve and proved him wrong and has a gorgeous daughter to show for it! Another had iVF and has a little girl also.

I guess since you had no pain and regular cycles before you gained a bit of weight that if you lost it then periods would return and you would be on track for a BFP soon??

:hugs:

Emma.x

Thanks Ladies - the doc said that if I went privately with him through the whole process he could have me pregnant in six months which is great news although I think he was trying to make me feel better and to give me some hope - I can't afford to go private for everything however I will definitely go back to him every 6 weeks for a consulation and an ultrasound to see if the cysts are going down rather than wait months for the NHS scans........
Trying to be positive about it all - at least I can have a drink now over Christmas eh girls! lol

I'm sorry sweetie :( I was so convinced it was going to be good news. Good luck with the meds and hope it clears up soon :hugs:

Thanks Jolene - at least I know what's happening now and can do something about it........best of luck to you hun, hope you get a BFP soon x

I'm sorry :hugs: I've found since working out that my periods are coming more regular (every 30 days instead of every other month). I hope you get your BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->