UPDATE: Didnt see anything? 7w2d ABDOMINAL ultrasound

Nicole R.

Reaction score
So i paid for an ABDOMINAL ultrasound at 7w2d. Assuming my dates are right (I ovulated cd9 bfp cd17) hch was 53 at 12dpo.

I paid for an early scan for women 8-24 weeks.
She said she'd only look for a few mins and if didnt see anything to follow up after dr appt at 10 weeks. Ultrasound (transvaginal) Tuesday at 8 weeks.

Anyone have any experience being overweight (270lbs) with transabdominal ultrasound and didn't see anything? She was kinda unprofessional, didnt point out my uterus. Had me empty my bladder BEFORE the ABDOMINAL ultrasound. Didnt see a thing. If she saw it she didn't show me. Lasted 2 minutes and im panicking for two days now. Links to ultrasound (2) think it was too early with all the above information? Along with that my only symptoms are frequent urination

everyone on babycenter pretty much said to assume the worst. :(

Screenshot_20200807-185240_Samsung Internet.jpg

I had a scan at spot on 7 weeks with my 1st. It was abdominal and I was only a little overweight (178lbs) at 5'8". Well we couldn't see a baby and it made my heart sink. She did transvaginal and baby had healthy heart rate measuring 7+1.

I was a few lbs lighter (171) with my 2nd and went in at 7+2 I just requested a transvaginal scan to begin with.

With my last I was 7+5 so let them try abdominal and baby was visible. I weighed 178lbs like with my 1st but my uterus has stretched sooooo much faster this time.

I think with your weight it's very possible that it's causing baby not to be seen. FX you get much better news Tuesday.

I had a scan at spot on 7 weeks with my 1st. It was abdominal and I was only a little overweight (178lbs) at 5'8". Well we couldn't see a baby and it made my heart sink. She did transvaginal and baby had healthy heart rate measuring 7+1.

I was a few lbs lighter (171) with my 2nd and went in at 7+2 I just requested a transvaginal scan to begin with.

With my last I was 7+5 so let them try abdominal and baby was visible. I weighed 178lbs like with my 1st but my uterus has stretched sooooo much faster this time.

I think with your weight it's very possible that it's causing baby not to be seen. FX you get much better news Tuesday.

Thank you soo much for your uplifting words. When she said it would be an abdominal scan (never had a private scan and idk why i thought id get a vaginal scan) i kmew before i laid on the table we weren't going to see a thing.

I had 2 cerclages and 2 straight years of bedrest (one hospitalized for 8 weeks) and gained 120 lbs during those pregnancies. I just started losing weight and got pregnant naturally and didn't expect it tbh.

I've convinced myself Im not pregnant and won't let DH touch my stomach. Any hope I will take. Thank you for sharing.

Symptom wise, I didn't have any with my son but loads with my girls. As for the ultrasound, chances are it was just too early to see with that type of ultrasound. You could go to the ER and tell them you had an abdominal done, she didn't find anything, and now you're worried it could be ectopic. They should be able to do a transvaginal ultrasound for you to make sure & ease your mind if everything's ok.

Symptom wise, I didn't have any with my son but loads with my girls. As for the ultrasound, chances are it was just too early to see with that type of ultrasound. You could go to the ER and tell them you had an abdominal done, she didn't find anything, and now you're worried it could be ectopic. They should be able to do a transvaginal ultrasound for you to make sure & ease your mind if everything's ok.

I thought about that as well. The risk of ectopic nd not wanting to risk losing ny fallopian tubes.
And they gave me SOOO much shit on babycenter (idk why i used them, I had a tracker app, I've used B&B for all pregnancies. And idk why I care because, well idk) but said I'd be so selfish for wasting resources during a pandemic and I'd be so stupid with the COV19 going on.. Idk if its hormones but im so extremely sensitive and just need some support. I usually have thick skin but everyone's making me want to cry when im just worried. I appreciate your comment. I swore i was dying with both of mh sons. Starting st 6 weeks and 8 weeks lol

I thought about that as well. The risk of ectopic nd not wanting to risk losing ny fallopian tubes.
And they gave me SOOO much shit on babycenter (idk why i used them, I had a tracker app, I've used B&B for all pregnancies. And idk why I care because, well idk) but said I'd be so selfish for wasting resources during a pandemic and I'd be so stupid with the COV19 going on.. Idk if its hormones but im so extremely sensitive and just need some support. I usually have thick skin but everyone's making me want to cry when im just worried. I appreciate your comment. I swore i was dying with both of mh sons. Starting st 6 weeks and 8 weeks lol
Baby center is garbage. Don't listen to them. Chances of ectopic is reason enough to be seen, its not only fallopian tunes you could lose but your life as well. Most hospitals are dead quiet right now despite what you might see on the news. Only the areas like NY for example might be crowded. Keep in mind that just because covid-19 is a thing right now doesn't mean everything else becomes unimportant. It's perfectly fine to go to the emergency room if you need to. I've been there a couple times throughout this whole covid-19 ordeal. They were more than accommodating and very welcoming. Most hospitals also closed down the areas that have covid-19 patients on the top floors. I just want to reiterate, don't listen to those idiots on BabyCenter. They're probably just trying to be social justice Warriors behind a screen and don't actually care about anything but themselves & how being trolls makes them feel special.

Last edited:
Baby center is garbage. Don't listen to them. Chances of ectopic is reason enough to be seen, its not only fallopian tunes you could lose but your life as well. Most hospitals are dead quiet right now despite what you might see on the news. Only the areas like NY for example might be crowded. Keep in mind that just because covid-19 is a thing right now doesn't mean everything else becomes unimportant. It's perfectly fine to go to the emergency room if you need to. I've been there a couple times throughout this whole covid-19 ordeal. They were more than accommodating and very welcoming. Most hospitals also closed down the areas that have covid-19 patients on the top floors.

You think it'd be totally justified to go? I just need ONE person to say so. Lol so silly I've never been like this. Youre right it can be life threatening..

Baby center is garbage. Don't listen to them. Chances of ectopic is reason enough to be seen, its not only fallopian tunes you could lose but your life as well. Most hospitals are dead quiet right now despite what you might see on the news. Only the areas like NY for example might be crowded. Keep in mind that just because covid-19 is a thing right now doesn't mean everything else becomes unimportant. It's perfectly fine to go to the emergency room if you need to. I've been there a couple times throughout this whole covid-19 ordeal. They were more than accommodating and very welcoming. Most hospitals also closed down the areas that have covid-19 patients on the top floors.

Babycenter is trash youre right. People are just so mean.

You think it'd be totally justified to go? I just need ONE person to say so. Lol so silly I've never been like this. Youre right it can be life threatening..
You're totally justified, I would do the same if I was in your situation. Don't let negative people influence your decisions. Like I said hospitals expect people to come in for the same reasons they would before covid-19.

I see that you're in South Carolina, go for it girl you'll be just fine. You'll probably be the only person in the waiting room. By the way I'm from North Carolina :).

I'm going to add you. You're my new bff lol I'm getting dressed and going. F IT.
I will be patiently waiting here for an update from you and I hope everything turns out okay!

Hope everything turns out OK lovely, nothing like nasty people going on like they do and making people feel like that at a time like this :( sending much love xx

Hope you get seen! Also your uterus is SO low at 7 weeks, if she had you empty your bladder beforehand I would be shocked if she saw anything. You 100% NEED a full bladder for an abdominal ultrasound at this stage. Assuming all goes well at the hospital I would demand your money back!!

Hope you get seen! Also your uterus is SO low at 7 weeks, if she had you empty your bladder beforehand I would be shocked if she saw anything. You 100% NEED a full bladder for an abdominal ultrasound at this stage. Assuming all goes well at the hospital I would demand your money back!!
Do you sometimes not get seen in Canada?? Here in the US, you always get seen. BTW, i agree, she should demand her money back.

I've never had an abdominal ultrasound until at least 12 weeks and they wanted my bladder to be full for it. Everyting is still pretty small at that stage so i think it is definitly possible that things just aren't visable yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->