*update* Go on then, when did you hear heartbeat on a Doppler?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

Every time I've been in first tri there's been a thread like this but I can never remember!
I know I usually get a heartbeat on my hi bebe before 12 weeks but I can't remember when?!?
When could you hear it for the first time? I'm 9 weeks on Wednesday and tempted to have a go but scared I won't find it!

Thanks all xxx

I don't have my own doppler, so I don't know how soon I could have heard it, but I know the midwife couldn't find anything at 8+5.

I heard it at my doctor's at 10w4d. She said she expects to hear it by 11 weeks. But I'm sure doc's doppler is stronger than the home dopplers.

I got my Doppler at 9 weeks and 2 or 3 days, it took a while but I did find it. Now at nearly 14 weeks I can find it pretty much instantly.

Im sure I found DD at just over 9 weeks ~ probably nearing 10 weeks. Found it after about 5 mins and tons of baby oil! :haha: xx

I found it at 9+1! And only when I put a pillow under my hips. Good luck!

8 weeks 3 days, I recorded the heartbeat and let my doctor listen to confirm that's what I was hearing. It took a lot of searching.

I have a home doppler but never get anything before 12 weeks but had a scan today at 8+4 and we heard it :)

8 weeks 6 days

Attachments

• 2014-08-14 09.52.28.jpg
    2014-08-14 09.52.28.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 7
I've had a doppler since just before 9 weeks. Couldn't find heartbeat so panicked and booked a private scan. The lady who scanned me told me I had a tilted uterus. Now 12 weeks tomorrow and still can't find the heartbeat. Can hear the placenta really loudly, but no heartbeat. It's so annoying seeing people find it at 8 and 9 weeks lol makes me jealous!

Thanks ladies. I think I might have a cautious go tomorrow when I'll be 9 weeks. Need to remember not to freak out if I can't find it though!

9 weeks and it took 2 hours :shock: and a hell load of stress, never again!

It was around 14 weeks for me i seem to recall.

Well I'm 9 weeks today and just had a go for about 10 mins but no luck. Not getting too worried because I know it is early and can take ages to find!

I saw the midwife yesterday (11 weeks) and she didn't have a go with the doppler :/

Midwife found it no problem at 12+5 yesterday, and I'm overweight. I hadn't tried since 9 weeks, but I think she probably could have found it earlier.

first try at 9w2d and found it in about 4 minutes. now I find it right away! i thought I would mention that its an angelsounds doppler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->