UPDATE - lo doesnt want bedtime bottle 8 month old

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
This as been going on for quite some time now. He doesnt want his bedtime bottle. doesnt matter what time I give him tea or what time he has this bottle he will have a max of 3oz and thats a good night, usually 1-2oz. Thing is hes waking in the night for it which is absolutely fine BUT some nights its taking him up to 2 hrs settle off, 1hr if were lucky. This is not good for me or lo. He's not getting upset cus i stay with him but if I wad to leave the room thats when he would start messing about in his cot then get upset. This is also effecting his morning bottle and he again as 1-2oz. I've tried tea earlier/later. What I THINK Tue problem is, is that he is that tired he woukd prefer to just go straight asleep and his tea is sufficent enough to see him till early hours or early morning. The only times he has drank his bottle in last few weeks is when he hasn't ended up falling asleep for whatever reason and ive had to take him back down for another hour or so. This as happened about 3 times and not happened in last couple of weeks. I will add he does drink 9oz when he wakes so is definately hungry. What can I do?? Help?

I stopped feeding T a lot a dinner time as she wasn't taking a lot of her bedtime milk, now it's bottle at 3:30ish, then just a fruit pot or a few rice cakes at 4:30-5ish en I find she is hungry enough for her bottle. I figure her bedtime bottle is more important for all of us than her having dinner..... :)

I leave a gap of at least 2 hours between Holly's dinner and last bottle. She doesn't have a strict set bedtime, I put her down when I know she's tired and she always finishes her 7oz bottle. I think it's because she uses the milk as a sleep cue, I always give her bottles before a nap - she doesn't have one first thing, I save it for her first nap instead. It works for us but I don't mind Holly having a late-ish bedtime, she usually goes to sleep somewhere between 8 and 8.30pm. x x

Thanks girls. My only concern is that if I give him a finger food tea it wont be enough for him seen as though he's used to having a good filling meal at teatime. God, I dunno

Sapphire, I always leave 2 hours too

I had simlar issues but she was too tired at bedtime to have dinner and getting really stroppy, so now I give her a proper lunch, finger foods for dinner and 9oz at bedtime. She doesnt eat much finger food, just throws it around really but the bottle will keep her going til the morning :)
We do cereal and a bottle for breakfast, little meal and finger food at lunch, finger food, walk, finger food, bath, bottle, bed x

This is what we have tried today practically. Had a top up of milk this morning then weetabix with 5oz of milk! Pasta and yoghurt lunch then a teacake and rice with 2oz of milk and fruit pot mixed in for tea at 430pm.

He was going until 4/5am for his "morning" bottle but this as been getting earlier last few nights. I dont know what the reason is tbh, hes also cutting 3 teeth especailly 1 and hes bang in the middle of ww37..........

I don't know if this will help you but my daughter who is the same age as yours has got very fussy with her bedtime bottle and I've found offering her a cow and gate ready made carton is the trick.
Strange as it sounds I can't get her to take a single ounce of powdered formula (which she drinks fine in the mornings) but she takes a full 7oz of the ready made.
The only thing i can put it down to is that when she's tired and fussy the sweeter, creamier taste of the ready made formula gives her an extra incentive to drink.
Random I know but works for us so could be worth a try

well he slept 12 hours straight last night. First time since last week. And he's woke up with his 2nd tooth cut! Last week when he last slept through he woke with his 1st tooth cut too!! I also just gave him a teacake and 2oz of milk in rice and fruit for a pudding then he went and drank 6oz of his bottle... Not drank this much for a long while which resulted in him waking at 4/5am for his morning bottle! He would go back sleep after drinking it but even so its still better having undisturbed sleep for both of us.
So..... It's either a lighter tea and a good milk feed before bed or its the teething..... Or both! I'm thinking both!
Thanks to those who replied and gave me ideas xx

That's an interesting thought starlight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->