Update on PurpleDahlia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi girls dint know if this helps but I was in hospital last week at wishaw and thought I was going to have an emergency section and they were going to have to send me to Stirling - this is the labour unit hospital! I would have been transferred as wishaw 'nursery' was too full and baby would have only been 34 weeks. However later that night they said Stirling nursery was packed also so they would have to look elsewhere.

Point is- wishaw is the 2nd biggest maternity in Scotland and they were full and it's my local hospital so chances are if there have been any complicationns or baby has needed any attention (fingers crossed she hasn't) she may have had to be moved!

Lets keep positive hopefully she is just knackered and is recovering xxx

Starting to get a bit worried :(

I spent a lot of time in hospital when PG and whenever anyone rang (and I was in 3 different hospitals) they would say something along the lines of 'Oh yes, everything is fine I will tell her you called' and that was it.

Just a bit worried that the labour ward is saying they cannot pass on any information. It makes me think that something has happened, as in they can't say she's ok and also can't give any info out due to patient confidentiality. Plus the fact she hasn't answered any texts in almost 24 hours :(

Could it be possible she has asked for no info to be disclosed in case fob family call etc? X

hi girls dint know if this helps but I was in hospital last week at wishaw and thought I was going to have an emergency section and they were going to have to send me to Stirling - this is the labour unit hospital! I would have been transferred as wishaw 'nursery' was too full and baby would have only been 34 weeks. However later that night they said Stirling nursery was packed also so they would have to look elsewhere.

Point is- wishaw is the 2nd biggest maternity in Scotland and they were full and it's my local hospital so chances are if there have been any complicationns or baby has needed any attention (fingers crossed she hasn't) she may have had to be moved!

Lets keep positive hopefully she is just knackered and is recovering xxx

Don't know....

She was already at Stirling, so if she had an emergency then they key issue is to get them treated asap. Stirling have all the facilities and if something had happened I don't know if they would take the risk of transferring a high risk patient.

I imagine they don't have space for normal cases, and can defer people to other hospitals in the earlier stages of labour, but if there was something seriously wrong then they wouldn't be on a normal nursery anyway.

Falkirk's mat is closed, has been for years now.

Hope everythings ok x

I'm not sure girls- also last week it was hectic at the hospital and some narky person who answered phone in labour ward to my mil wouldn't discoles any info at all. She wouldn't even confirm I was there!

My phone was beside me but I kept losing reception and had it on silent as couldn't answer when mws etc where around.

I stay in Hamilton bout 30 mins from Stirling and it's really snowy here and roads are quite bad so maybe they have advised her to stat put at hospital and she is trying to catch up on sleep.

Xxx

oh this is really worrying hope evrything is ok though and shes just busy with baby ava

Could it be possible she has asked for no info to be disclosed in case fob family call etc? X

I thought her mum was going with her..

That wouldn't make a difference to her not wanting baby's dad to get info though :shrug: xx

They wouldn't have even said she was on the system if she'd asked for no information to be given. I don't think that's whats happened.

It was the receptionist or switchboard that said she was on the system, and hadnt been in hospital all day...but then she passed me over to labour ward and he said he couldnt give out details and best to contact her family :shrug:

god i really hope we r all worrying over nothing. its makes me want to have my LO now and get it all over with. i'm scared now :(

That wouldn't make a difference to her not wanting baby's dad to get info though :shrug: xx

They wouldn't have even said she was on the system if she'd asked for no information to be given. I don't think that's whats happened.

It was the receptionist or switchboard that said she was on the system, and hadnt been in hospital all day...but then she passed me over to labour ward and he said he couldnt give out details and best to contact her family :shrug:

That's the bit that makes me worry. The way it's worded...:( xx

See, that phase makes me really worry :(

Has anyone rung her sister rather than text?

Girls shes definitely at Stirling Royal...my mum is a midwife on the labour ward there, but wasnt working today, shes on a shift tomorrow though so cant get u much info til tomorrow....

everything should be fine, il let u know if i hear anything...know her in RL and im sure she is just having a bit of time with Ava...x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"