Update page 5!!! 11 week ultrasound... Wild guesses?

Isme

Reaction score
So I had my NT scan done last Wednesday. The baby measured 11 weeks exactly, but may have been 11w1d. Not a big difference and still very, very early either way. I don't think there is a nub visible in the full body picture, unfortunately. From what I've read they aren't very accurate at 11 weeks anyway.

I guess I just want to see if any of you have wild guesses to make based on the baby's overall appearance (skull theory, perhaps?) which I know is not scientific at all. I'm just curious! :lol:

I did have blood drawn for a Panorama test because I wanted to get some insight on my risk of the other trisomy issues besides Downs Syndrome (as the NT measurement was perfect). If the test works out okay, and they were able to get enough fetal DNA, then I may be able to find out the gender as well. The results should be back within a week or two. So I may not have long at all to find out what this little bean is, but I'd love to hear some guesses in the meantime. :D

Attachments

• New baby 11 week ultrasound picture edit for web.jpg
    New baby 11 week ultrasound picture edit for web.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 44
  • New baby 11 week ultrasound picture 3 edit for web.jpg
    New baby 11 week ultrasound picture 3 edit for web.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 38
  • new baby 11 week ultrasound 2 edit for web.jpg
    new baby 11 week ultrasound 2 edit for web.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 44
Thanks so much for guessing. :D

I would love another little princess!

Thanks for guessing. :D Hopefully all will go well and I'll be able to update within a couple of weeks. <3

Thanks. It seems that opinions are split right down the middle. :lol:

Thanks for guessing, guys. My oldest daughter would be thrilled with a boy. My DH would probably be pretty happy too, though he hasn't expressed a preference. I do worry about my youngest. She wants a little sister so bad-- she can't stand it. She doesn't even know I'm expecting yet, and just the other day she was going on and on about how much she wants a baby sister. I don't know what she'll think of a brother. :lol:

We could get the NIPT results back any day now, and the suspense is nearly killing me! Lol

Exciting that you get to fund out sooner!(and of course I hope all the other results are OK too) for some reason this time I am so desperate to find out. Looking forward to the update:)

Exciting that you get to fund out sooner!(and of course I hope all the other results are OK too) for some reason this time I am so desperate to find out. Looking forward to the update:)

Argh. I just got a call. It was a no go. There was not enough fetal DNA. :( Now I have to decide if I want a redraw out or if I just want to do the regular prental screening test. Super bummed.

It's okay. What happened isn't very common, but I was a little worried about it from the start. Finding it the gender so early was just a bonus, anyway... but it would have been cool. To think that I could have known for sure YESTERDAY at 12 weeks is pretty mind boggling. Bummed that it didn't happen for me, though. Also really bummed that I didn't get to rule out some if the scarier trisomy issues. I'm "low risk" thanks to age and the NT scan, but I really wanted to see those percentages in writing. :(

Plus, I've known nothing but girls for years... so I'm afraid I'll need a little time to adjust if I find out this baby really is a boy like you guys are guessing. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->