(Updated: BFP was a lie!) Oh. No. Brown spotting after BFP! ugh

hibiscus07

#1=Jack; EDD#2=Feb 8,2014
Reaction score
I hope I haven't had a chemical pg. Sigh...
I just went to the bathroom and I had some brown stuff. It looks suspiciously like day-before-AF spotting. noooo!!!
Maybe this is normal and everything will be fine, but I'm not feeling very hopeful.
This is exactly why we shouldn't be testing before AF is due...blech

I had that with my last baby, rushed to the ER scared I was mcing.. they did a scan and I got to see my little beans heart beating, if you have had a positive test try not to stress too much it could be implantation bleeding.. remember brown blood is old blood.

but go in if your scared

You should call your docotor at least just to make sure things are ok. It will help put your mind at ease. Hope everything is ok! :hugs:

Perhaps you should take another test to see if you still have a strong BFP. It will put your mind at rest.

You should call your docotor at least just to make sure things are ok. It will help put your mind at ease. Hope everything is ok! :hugs:

I agree, it will be nice for yourself as it will give you peice of mind! I've had 3 weeks of bleeding but docs still think I'm preggers so don't give up hope x

(Hey pretty Sakura! Not spoke in a while x)

Perhaps you should take another test to see if you still have a strong BFP. It will put your mind at rest.

Well, I ONLY just got my BFP yesterday and it wasn't dark (but definitely there). I guess I'll know in the next day or so whether it's real.

Fingers crossed for you hun x

Oh sweetie! Try not to panic! As one of the others said, it could be old blood - remnants of implantation bleeding maybe? Have you had any pain? Fingers, toe, arms, eyes and (because we're not trying this month) legs crossed for you.

All fingers crossed for you!! IF it is a chemical there wont really be any pain, it will come just like a period only a few days late, up to about 7days or so, I had one last month!!!grrr i will never test early again! I remember you said its early so the doc wont do anything at this stage im afraid unless you have a really nice one and they might then do a HCG blod for you. My give away that made me suspicious was the constantly faint lines...they never got very dark so maybe do another test!!

BUT PMA & fingers crossed for that its just an implantation bleed and nothing more. Thinking of you...its such a stressful time...been there 2 times since August!!!!!!

I had the same as you beachlover1 last month. No brown spotting at all and very faint lines so knew there was something not quite right.
Fingers crossed hibiscus07 - another test is a really good idea. I'm sure everything will be good for you.

Oh sweetie! Try not to panic! As one of the others said, it could be old blood - remnants of implantation bleeding maybe? Have you had any pain? Fingers, toe, arms, eyes and (because we're not trying this month) legs crossed for you.

Thanks!
No pain, thankfully. Just cramping last night and the night before. I had a brown spot just before the BFP, too (Sunday night), so maybe it's related and really is implantation leftovers or something (that sounds gross! haha).

I've gone to the BR twice since the spotting and haven't had anything more.
I'll be OK either way. If it's AF, it's AF. There's always next month! :)

I had the same as you beachlover1 last month. No brown spotting at all and very faint lines so knew there was something not quite right.
Fingers crossed hibiscus07 - another test is a really good idea. I'm sure everything will be good for you.

Assuming I don't get full AF in the meantime, I'll try another tonight to see what happens.
Thanks!

All fingers crossed for you!! IF it is a chemical there wont really be any pain, it will come just like a period only a few days late, up to about 7days or so, I had one last month!!!grrr i will never test early again! I remember you said its early so the doc wont do anything at this stage im afraid unless you have a really nice one and they might then do a HCG blod for you. My give away that made me suspicious was the constantly faint lines...they never got very dark so maybe do another test!!

BUT PMA & fingers crossed for that its just an implantation bleed and nothing more. Thinking of you...its such a stressful time...been there 2 times since August!!!!!!

Thanks--I think I'll avoid calling the Dr. I'm worried they're going to start thinking I'm insane! I just went through a huge round of tests after the 2nd MC so I was in their office about once a week for blood draws. I think they're sick of me by this point.
I guess it won't be the end of the world if AF comes--just disappointing. We shall find out soon...

Keep us posted- baby dust to you in loads :)

hi spotting is very common in early preegnancy, go onto first tri and ask the question. I am confident a huge amount of pregnant people get some spotting early in pregnancy hell some even have it the whole nine months.

Fx foe you sweetie xx

Hun don't panic honestly everytime iv been preg i get this, with my daughter i had it daily for about 5 weeks it was like brown cm not blood, was so scared went for scan she was fine nearly 2 now lol. So don't panic around time af would be due this is very common you must remember women who not TTC would assume there af is coming but don't its normally then they test your just slightly ahead of them so rest and if worried get checked out hun but no pain no red blood id say your fine hunny x xx

Thanks--I think I'll avoid calling the Dr. I'm worried they're going to start thinking I'm insane! I just went through a huge round of tests after the 2nd MC so I was in their office about once a week for blood draws. I think they're sick of me by this point.
I guess it won't be the end of the world if AF comes--just disappointing. We shall find out soon...

The receptionists at my docs all know me, it's kind of off putting lol. They all even sound disapointed for me whenever I ring for the result of a preg test and it's negative! It's still worth a visit, make sure you are taking your folic acid suplements just in case if your not already x

Well...still no more spotting. I had a little this afternoon, but it was like old brown stuff. If no AF, will test in the AM. Keeping my fingers crossed! Eeee...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->