Updated! U/S pictures...next appt Dec 11th!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's going to be quite a month for you! but no matter how many ups and downs all those hormones give you, it's going to pay off!!! :thumbup:

I'm confused, won't an hcg injection that close to an in office hpt throw off the results?? dang girl how much u gonna ovulate? Gonna end up with quadruplet babies!! Lol sorry if I sound dumb, I have Noooo idea about the IUI process :)

i was a little confused about that myself. i've only ever had the one hcg injection to induce o.

Yea I don't get it either...LOL...But it's the plan the doctor wrote up for me!

Yea...she has a high success rate...but she said I needed the HCG injections to help sustain a pregnancy. Apparently my condition means I am high risk for miscarriage :shrug: I never knew that! But I'm not worried, cause I have had to healthy baby girls :)

Huh. I bet because she knows how much HCG u take in she can average what was prescribed from what is rising in ur system. I have noticed with mine and other ppl 3-4 dpt the hcg on preg tests starts to fade away so she can probably draw some conclusions from that..I'm still confused as to how from just a hpt and not bloods they will know anything! I'm super curious. Ask her and tell her its for a crazy lady that needs to know! Lol anyways I am so happy there is a plan!

If I get a chance I will ask her...lol...I have to call in today since AF is getting heavier, I think I can call today my 1st full flow!

I'm getting worried...the doctor's didn't warn me about prescription costs...for 30 pills of Letrozole/Femara is $400!!! And I will eventually have to use vaginal suppositories (progesterone) and they are also over $400!!! I haven't even found out how much the HCG injections are going to be! I think they average $180 each! OMG...this is nuts!

the meds were the worst!!!! i remember the progesterone being particularly crippling! my letrozole was actually covered by my insurance because it's actually a breast cancer medication, but everything else was completely out of pocket. i don't even know how we managed it all!

We have insurance, but the price was quoted to me without insurance...so I have no idea how much our insurance will cover!!! Maybe I will give the insurance company a call and find out...lol...I don't know how we are going to manage it either, but we are going to try!! Money has been tight and I feel guilty about that...but we will manage, somehow! :)

Okay..so I called and I am scheduled for a baseline U/S Thursday at 10:00am...I will also be picking up my Letrozole which I will also start tomorrow.:thumbup: After that I take the pills for 5 days and wait for my next appt about a week later! I have also found out how much my prescriptions are going to be.

Letrozole-$20.66 (covered most by insurance, thank God!!)
Estradol-$6.62 (covered)
HCG-$575 for 3 vials (not covered!!! Grrrrr)
Cremone (progesterone suppositories; not covered)-$595 for 30 days worth; With this one, being as high as it is I asked them for an alternative which I found out the pharmacy has an alternative and it's only going to cost $120 for 60 days worth. But I have to get approval with my doctor's office, so I am hoping they will allow me to go with the cheaper one, we gotta catch a financial break somewhere!!!

Anywho...I will definately let ya'll know more after my U/S tomorrow :flower: I am praying I am feeling better tomorrow! I don't want to be hacking a lung while I'm there...lol...How are you lovely ladies doing?

Hey pam! Thats great that some of the costs are covered!! I am excited for you to get your u/s. Makes it start to all come to life! I am feeling better, a persistant headache, but more importantly LO is doing better. Last night was rough. Up every 2 hours for about 35 minutes at a time. She was so congested :( She is sneezing and coughing, but I think in a few days it will be totally gone.

I hope your doctor agrees to letting u use the less expensive brand!! Good luck, update soon as u can <3

Awww...poor baby :-( I hope she get's better fast!!! I hate when my kids are sick.

The nurse said that they will be more than happy to let me use the least expensive one...so that's good!! I know Infertility can be expensive but the cost for something you shove up your yahoo and eventually makes a mess of your underwear is just ridiculous!!!! Maybe one day in the future they will have coupons...like when you get your boobs done...Buy One Get One Half Off :rofl:

I had to edit my other post...my ultrasound isn't tomorrow, it's Thursday! I'm sooo lost on my days!

So glad to see there's serious progress being made for you hon! Keep us updated and let us know how things are going, thank goodness insurance covers some of your costs! TTC can be so dang pricey.. my prayers and thoughts are with you and remember this will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks Kate!! I appreciate your support :)

I can't wait to get a BFP! I ordered some HPT's even though I promised myself I wouldn't test early....lol...

The plan ur doc has with all those triggers doesn't really give u a chance to hpt accurately...right? I'm so confused!!!! As long as u know what u r doing I guess I will trust u ;) lol. Looking forward to Thursday! And thank u for LOs well wishes :)

i'm sure you'll be able to do it. money was tight for us too, but we somehow always managed to make it work. ramen noodles anyone?

it also never hurts to ask your doctor if they have any free samples available. there were a couple of times that our re was able to give us free progesterone. i know when i got pregnant, we had abandoned an iui cycle several months earlier and i donated my unused progesterone and trigger shot back to the clinic to give to someone who might need a little financial support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"